Help 457 visa

Guest Micknsuzy

Guest Micknsuzy

Hi I am wondering if somebody can help,I got my visa in April 2012 and arrived with my wife and 2 kids in July started work a week later,after 8 months I have realised I am paid less than everyone else and only get 10 days annual leave I thought this wasn't allowed,but what can I do about it,.....I have been to my boss and asked for more money which he said he will look at it but that was 3 weeks ago,they have been very crafty in the way I get paid.......I am on a low wage BUT paid afternoon shift rate so I just meet the required wage ie 52400 but if I take a holiday it's paid only at my hr rate which is very low,any advice would be much appreciated

:sad:

Hi There,

I am on a 457 visa also and I am in the same boat, I got a job as a mechanic and was promised a wage that would reflect my uk one, well when i got here it was not what i expected the wage is the same as yours and i get a annual increase and I asked about my salary to be increased and all i got told was no as its the c10merit award they can 't give me more than a local as this would not justify the visa requirments please if you can get more info please let me know and vice versa.

Regards

Gary

Guest Micknsuzy
See if you can find any information to help on this site: http://www.fairwork.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx

Otherwise ring them and explain what is happening. It would help you to know which type of award you are paid under, state or federal.

Thanks cliffy think I miss your post I have checked this out but really need to speak to immigration ,:sad:

Guest Micknsuzy

Hi Gary,it's not easy but I am determined to find a solution to my predicament,I have been looking at my term of contract and think it may be not meeting my visa requirements, I am going to ring immigration on Friday with my findings,I will see what they suggest,at the end of the day I love it here and so does the rest of the family,but we just need to be in a better financial position,I will keep you up dated with my progress,by the way not sure how this site works if I could email you I would be a bit more specific ,

Regards

Mick