Guest Mark&Yvonne

Aussie cricket

Guest Mark&Yvonne

What the hells going on? I'm coming over to live in Australia & will support the country I live in until they play England! That's surely acceptable.

im just getting a bit worried for those baggy greens, it's going to be one hell of a tough year from here on.

hopefully after the ashes you will become a team worth supporting

Guest Guest5035

getting hammered over there is the norm on prepared spinners wickets, over here the indians lost 4-0 on green wickets, it would help if we had a spinner.

stevo

England just won a series over in India. I would imagine the England cricket team will be very disappointed if they don't smash this very poor aussie team 5-0 in the upcoming ashes series in the uk

Guest Guest5035

and upset if not by a innings aswell.

stevo

I blame the selectors - they spent too long relying on older players, and those from NSW, rather than concentrating on building from the bottom. Michael Clarke is a much better captain than the one they had before, but even he can't carry a team on his own.

Yes things do look gloomy and my days in the office will be hard work!....lol However, these things go in cycles the POMS were very poor for about 20 years but have now sorted things out. Strangely, the Aussies are normally at the forefront of new coaching and playing ideas but in my opinion have sat on their laurels while they were successful and are now paying the price.

As for the team Diane is spot on I reckon Punter was not a good skipper a great player yes, but, not a good skipper. In my opinion they are short of a consistent opening pair, a good wicket keeper who can also bat, a middle order batsman who can steady things but score runs when needed, a spinner and 2 quicks. There appears to be a lack of talent coming through and that would point to lack of investment at grass roots.

Will we win the Ashes not a cat in hells chance! Will it be 20 years away I don't think so but unless the selectors get that ruthless streak back and investment at grass root level is forthcoming it maybe 40 years!

Just my thoughts from he UK!

Guest Claire-n-tel

Good Grief....i just realised i am obviously not as "Australian" as i thought :huh:......I have absolutly NO idea what any of that means! :unsure: Ah well i'll just have to pretend to understand, drink lots and cheer when everyone else does.......shhhh don't tell! :wink:

Guest Mark&Yvonne

Looks like England have been watching the Aussies too much.

it is the norm these days to loose the 1st test though

Guest Guest5035

We might be within a chance after englands innings against New Zealand, not helped by their bowling either.:skeptical:

stevo