Guest NatsandSteve

Half term holidays around March?

Guest NatsandSteve

Hi,

As the title suggests I need to find out if there is a half term break around March for SA schools?

I have tried googling it in many different ways but have only found the actual dates of the 4 semesters. Does that mean they go through the whole 10 week semester without a break?

If anybody knows this for certain could you let me know?

It does mean exactly that. 10 week terms here. then 2 weeks off until summer hols which can be 6 or 7 weeks long (longer for private schools) It works great I think, kids seem to deal with it fine, and I love 2 week blocks off school :) So, no there is no half term in march, next hols are around easter

Edit: if it is because you need time off for your kids in March, don't stress, just let school know, they don't seem overly fussed, as long as it is for a reason, not just to sit at home watching tv or something :)

Guest NatsandSteve

Thanks for the information.

I'm a teacher new to Adelaide and am looking to book my wedding during a holiday! :-)

Guest Claire-n-tel

Ooh exciting!

in case you wondering easter next year is april 20th and in 2015 its april 5th. Its not in march again until 2016 when it is march 27th!

hmm can you tell i'm putting off doing the housework this morning?!:biglaugh: