Guest Paula H

Is there any hope for my parents :(

Guest Paula H

I'll try and keep it short,

Mum & dad can't get a visa to move out here on. It sucks!

So can they buy a holiday home out here?

If so, how long can they get visitor visas for? Can they for instance come here for 11 months of every year? Then go to a close country for a month then back here for the next 11 months and so on?

Thx for any answers

They can buy property under the FIRB (foreign investment review board) regulations. That used to mean that they would need to buy land and build a brand new home, rather than buy existing property. The rules may have changed though so google FIRB and check.

As for visitor visas, yes they can have extended stays but leaving for just one month a year isn't really visiting is it. They would need to spend more time out of Oz than that. They cannot live in Oz on a visitor visa.

Have a look at the IMMI website as they have changed the rules slightly on visitor visas for parents of PRs .

Guest AngPhil

Is there any way to get a parent visa if you have 3 children and only 1 lives in the UK?

Guest Paula H

1 in the UK or 1 in oz??

don't think so, unless they have heaps of $$ or a sibling moves out

Guest superm

There are two parent visa to get them pr. One is cheap and wait is >=7 yrs.

Other costs $40K per person. Takes 18 months.

Guest Paula H

One the balance has to be in the country they are migrating to.... What's the other? 40k each?

Guest guest8040

Even the £30-40K each visa (contributory parent) has to pass the balance of family test sadly :(

Guest Guest6899

iv been looking for my parents to come out, they don't want the insecurity of a temporary visa because of the risk of them being sent home after 4 yrs and having nothing to return to and the subclass 143 (i think it is??) parent contributory visa would cost nearly $100,000 for the two and iv just found out there is another $14,000 on top of that. so basically unless your relatives are financially loaded i don't feel there is much hope. somebody in PIO mentioned a bridging visa but unsure if this is of any use would need to look further.