I want the heatwave back!!!

The Monaghans

Call me a whinging pom but now that the heatwave has broken I want it back again!! The temperature has dropped to the mid 20's today and I feel positively chilly! I've moaned for England for the last two weeks about how it's too bloody hot to sleep at night but I'm dreading the thought of winter again! There's just no pleasing some people...:arghh:

Guest The Pottertons

You are a "whinging Pom" ;). We have snow forecast for the weekend and today its windy and cold. Im indoors but my feet are still freezing. How high did the temps get at the height of your heatwave? God im sooo jealous right now!!!

I know, I know. Some of us are just never happy! I'm not entirely sure but I think the daytime temperatures were consistantly over 35 degrees for the last two weeks or so. You have to bear in mind that it's officially autumn here as well so I don't think we were really prepared for the heat. Night times were really sticky, driving home after a concert last night at about midnight it was still 30 degrees! Oh well, back to the bedsocks!;)

Guest happy feet

Oh my god, if only it was 20 something here... Freezing....... How lucky r u lot... Very jealous send some this way... April was nice last year, so hopefully the same this year

Cara

Guest Guest75
Tyke, are you planning to press them and make some olive oil?

Rachel reaquainted herself with the sheets under her quilt last night! Hah we'll all be feeling cold soon.

Yes,we do each year.We take the olives for pressing down to McLaren Vale.

Looks like a good crop this year,hard to tell exactly but must be 3 tonnes plus:):)

Guest Leanne & Mark

God i wish it would warm up here!! We've all got colds and chest infections. i've got a ton of stuff to sell at the boot fair, but i'm not standing out shivering coughing all day.

Where is our sun??:(

Guest Leanne & Mark

Tyke, you have been ear marked as our new best freinds for a long time now;)....WE LOVE OLIVES!!......with chilli, with garlic, with feta cheese.....with wine!!!!!!! mmmmmmmmmm

Guest Guest75
:notworthy::notworthy:

Will we see your label in Foodland or the more select delis?

Libby

We are not big enough to go fully commercial I'm afraid - it's just a paying hobby.

We do have our own label and bottle a fair bit but it's for our other business - gift baskets:)

We also sell to Brian's olive shop in McLaren Vale - look out for Onkaparinga oil - or Giardini Grove.

We sell a fair bit privately to friends as well,some buy 20 litres and divide between their friends and neighbours.I like this way as it is really appreciated.A very good chef loves buying it from us.

Guest Guest75
Tyke, you have been ear marked as our new best freinds for a long time now;)....WE LOVE OLIVES!!......with chilli, with garlic, with feta cheese.....with wine!!!!!!! mmmmmmmmmm

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Sorry we don't pickle olives.I had a go once and it was a disaster:nah:

I highly recommend Brian's Olives from MaclLaren Vale - naturally processed and some of the best I've ever tasted!

I have noticed how quickly you feel the change in weather but I thought it was because it had been so positively HOT lately. If the skies are blue I don't mind mid 20's.

Please no rain only blue skies and sunshine for our arrival on Tuesday:wubclub:. mid 20s sounds lovely its windy raining and frezzing up North today.

Happy Easter Everyone

Kimberley x

Guest soggy
Please no rain only blue skies and sunshine for our arrival on Tuesday:wubclub:. mid 20s sounds lovely its windy raining and frezzing up North today.

Happy Easter Everyone

Kimberley x

I think your in luck, the forcast I heard today predicts low 30's for Tuesday, enjoy:)

Simon

Guest Guest75
How much?

Libby

Sorry - missed this with all the "kerfuffle" at Tyke Towers.

The oil is $10 a litre.

Extra,extra virgin with very low acids,naturally grown,good grass and pepper notes with fruit finish.

I've sold into a couple of olive /continental food stores i the central market before now.They were retailing our oil at $16.95 for half a litre!