Guest Ross Dymond

Any Plice Officers?

Guest Ross Dymond

Hey all,

Just thought if I would see if any police officers here in SA are members on the forum?

I have always wanted to be an officer but my local constabulary in the UK rarely had a recruitment drive and the spaces fill in an instant it seems.

I am motivated to apply to SAPOL, just thought I would see if anyone on the forum has been through the recruitment progress? Where parts harder to easier than expected? Just some general info. I don't think anything will make me not want to apply here, I'm just being curious really :)

ross

Edited by Ross Dymond
    I can't spell :)

Hi

I came to Australia in 2008 and in 2010 i joined SAPOL. There was quite a big recruitment drive at the time and i mangaged to get in!

I graduated in 2010 and working in Northern Suburbs. I love my job its great!

Any questions feel free to PM me

Might sometimes take a while to reply as i rarely come on the site now!

Steve

Check out the recruitment page, they give you a great insight to what is required.

best advice would be from somebody who has gone through the recruitment process here and not an old UK international recruit.

we are too long in the tooth to give a balanced view...

good luck thou, when I started many years ago the job was great!

I'm sure you would get a great deal I'd satisfaction along with a generous pinch of frustration if you start a career in policing here.

Guest Ross Dymond

Thanks guys. I've read through the recruitment website and every bit of info I can find and it seems it will be a long process if I even get considered. Many this to Steve for his insight ill drop you a PM

Ross

My ex-hairdresser Kath qualified as a police officer here last year. I can't remember what name she used to post under though :(

It's kjc79

Guest staffyfee

Hi Steve,

Not sure if you can help but my hubby is currently in the final stage of putting together his app for SAPOL, we have now got to the declaration page that says he needs his signature witnessed by: proclaimed police officer, JP, notary public or commissioner for taking affidavits. Just wondering if you know what would be the UK equivalent of a proclaimed police officer, or if there is such a thing here.

Great to hear that you are enjoying it so much there, he is pretty nervous about the move after 12 years of policing here! Which force did you work for in the UK if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks,

Fiona

A proclaimed police officer is one that has been declared as such.<br>you can get it done at your local station or the court house jp will do it for you. It's free !<br>failing that let me know and ill bring my stamp home and ill sign them for you...