Guest ReadyPenny

Supermarket open on public holidays?

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi All

Can anyone tell me of any supermarkets open tomorrow? I know Foodland in Mount Barker is open until 8pm but I'm in the South and didn't want to go that far if I don't have to. Does anyone know anywhere closer? Not an IGA though I need to do a full shop and just can't be bothered today as not feeling the best but I also don't want to starve my kids next week!

Many thanks

Mandy

Most of the "chain" supermarkets are closed on public holidays (well they are where we live anyway) - Woolworths & Coles. The IGAs that I know around us all seem to be open though, but sometimes with limited trading hours.

The Foodland/IGA at Campbelltown is usually open. It's on the parade of shops opposite the Cheesecake Shop

Woolworths and Coles all will close, as will our local IGA at Flagstaff Hill.

I think though, that the rules give exemption to a "Tourist Precinct", which means that the ones at Glenelg will probably be open for limited hours and also Rundle Mall now. I should ring Coles or Woolworths at Glenelg before you head down there.

Closing on Public Holidays has been a bone of contention for many years, but it is unlikely to change now.