lorluc

How much spending money?

My 23 year old daughter is planning a 4 week trip back to the UK later this year. Having been gone for nearly 8 years, its hard for us to judge how much spending money she should take? She's not planning to spend the whole 4 weeks clubbing, but obviously wants enough to have a good time! Any ideas?

Guest Claire-n-tel

hi Lorluc

thats a hard one i guess, where is she going? London or another big city? will she need transport? car hire/trains buses? does she drink when she goes out and what wine/cocktails etc? has she somewhere to stay? where does she want to go or see?

knowing her she's gonna need a truckload Loz

but a guy at work has his 18 year old daughter going over in December for a month and she's taking three grand - staying with a friend, clubbing, drinking etc, not so much sightseeing though

Guest Claire-n-tel

We went back to uk for a month in october and we spent LOTS more than we thought we would even tho we were staying with parents!

Those railcards are great, my kids have them and quite often go first class because it knocks a third off the price. Also there is

megabus which is very cheap. The railcards are 28 pounds and last for a year.

Thanks to everyone who has replied. She wont need to pay for accommodation, has plenty of family and friends she can hopefully stay with. I doubt if she will hire a car, having learnt to drive over here, think the UK roads would scare her to death, so will be public transport and kind friends and family helping her i think!

Yea she likes clubbing and drinking, but its not the be all and end all for her....She'll be spending majority of her time in the Ascot area (family are there), and Milton Keynes...