Guest kate11

Temporary place to stay

Guest kate11

Hi!

Just wondering if anyone can give me some ideas about cost for a furnished place for 6-8 weeks when we arrive until we find somewhere permanent. looked online but seems very expensive!

Any ideas would be great

Thanks

Kate :)

We have a number of members who offer short term rentals and advertise on the forum. Check out the Accommodation Available section and have a browse for their threads.

I don't know you'll need 6-8 weeks. That can add up. Often many people are sorted within 3-4 weeks for a 6 months rental. Might be worth looking at a bit of a shorter timeframe depending on when you plan to head over.

Guest Guest75

Hi Kate

Yes there are a few in here that offer very decent and trusted furnished accommodation.

Also lots of help and advice.

You'll see recommendations in here:wink:

1 month is a fair average stay, 8 weeks is a bit long.

I'd beware of the cheaper end or advertised on "for sale site", some cheaper places are just blooming awful - we had a poster from here desperately trying to find room with us or similar as the "cheaper" accommodation had no cooker,TV,beds were on the floor and so on

Twice I have seem folk arriving to find that the actual accommodation advertised did not exist!!!:eek:

You might be lucky and drop on a bargain though........................

It has been difficult for a lot of Australian goods and services where overseas purchasers are concerned due to the exchange rate being at it's lowest for years.

It's not our fault!!!

I remember when people arriving had money to burn.

A lot of unfurnished rentals are now at $450 - 500 per week now .

There's some really good value places on there now Stevo, very central too which is great - prices seem to have come down a lot, and obviously a lot more places are being let furnished now. Although most on there for are longterm rental. I'm tempted to go for one myself....!!!!!

Guest Guest5035
    There's some really good value places on there now Stevo, very central too which is great - prices seem to have come down a lot, and obviously a lot more places are being let furnished now. Although most on there for are longterm rental. I'm tempted to go for one myself....!!!!!

might be good to take on.......emergency use after argument with the other half!!!!:biglaugh:

stevo

And I'll always wave the free house sitting option we managed to secure via Aussie House Sitters before we arrived - well, apart from the utility costs and a four legged friend to look after but saved us a packet.

Guest kate11

Thank you so much everyone for the advice, will look at less time then, wasnt sure how easy it was to find permanent but if we can get one quicker then it would save a fortune in temporary accommodation when we arrive. Very grateful for the replies everyone!

Guest kate11

No not yet, we are still doing research but would like to be in a quiet area, close to public transport if possible and hopefully not too far from a hospital (for work).But know we will have to compromise on some things until we get to know the place well. Would be very grateful for any advice on good/bad areas if possible?

Thank you so much, its appreciated :)

Guest agnescct
    Hi!

Just wondering if anyone can give me some ideas about cost for a furnished place for 6-8 weeks when we arrive until we find somewhere permanent. looked online but seems very expensive!

Any ideas would be great

Thanks

Kate :)

Hi Kate

I have furnished 2 rooms in a share house available for your short term stay in eastern suburb. Would suit a small family at the moment. The house is furnished and if you like you may takeover our lease.

Guest kate11

Thank you for that but we havent got a date set to come over yet, will still be a while (sadly). But thank you for taking time to reply

Kate