Guest zamunda

Your thoughts on Holden Commodore Wagon

Guest zamunda

My brother in law is selling his 2009 Holden Commodore Sport Wagon. He is the first owner and has done only 67,000km.

If we are to buy it, he will give it to us at a good price.

We don't have kids, but do have two Rottweilers we are planning on taking over to Oz. This vehicle is practical for our needs.

Could I please have your thoughts on the model? My brother-in-law has assured me that it is a good reliable model and I do take his word for it. But would like to see what others here in the forum has to say. Especially as the vehicle ages.

By the way, the car runs on petrol and gas.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Guest5035

likes petrol, very roomy for families and also the dogs will have heaps of room. V6 rego costs more, so do the repairs etc etc, 67k is around 15k a year, not bad, depends on the price he wants, commies are 10 a penny here, good its got gas, you can get a good new car for roughly the same price with a 5 year warranty thrown in

heres a few commies for sale

http://www.carsales.com.au/car/bncis/demo/dealer/demo/private/HOLDEN/COMMODORE?eapi=2&sort=default&vertical=Car&silo=Stock&base=1216&N=4294739851&Range=Price:Min,Max~1|Year:2009,2009&postcode=5127&distance=25

stevo

Edited by Guest5035

Guest zamunda
    likes petrol, very roomy for families and also the dogs will have heaps of room. V6 rego costs more, so do the repairs etc etc, 67k is around 15k a year, not bad, depends on the price he wants, commies are 10 a penny here, good its got gas, you can get a good new car for roughly the same price with a 5 year warranty thrown in

heres a few commies for sale

http://www.carsales.com.au/car/bncis/demo/dealer/demo/private/HOLDEN/COMMODORE?eapi=2&sort=default&vertical=Car&silo=Stock&base=1216&N=4294739851&Range=Price:Min,Max~1|Year:2009,2009&postcode=5127&distance=25

stevo

Hi there

Thanks for the info.

He will give it to us at $15,500. Includes road worthy cert.

Most we have looked at are around the $20k mark. I am sure brother-in-law will get a few favours out of me for the price drop :D

Guest Guest5035

it'll be worth $15k in a year or less, depends when you come over, they don't hold their value.

stevo

I have an older 2002 model - standard V6 and it's a good family car. Comes into it's own on the open road - easily gets past those big trucks safely and fuel economy is much better on a long trip - stick on cruise control....enjoy the ride. Parts are nice and easy to get hold off as well - Just Commodore Spares are a good local place to pick up bits that need replacing - probably not such an issue on your newer one.

We don't have kids, but do have two Rottweilers we are planning on taking over to Oz. This vehicle is practical for our needs.

I read this as "we do have rottweilers who are planning to take over Oz"....

Not much help on the car front but it amused me for a few seconds :rolleyes: