Cleaness of tool?

Guest dondon75

Guest dondon75

My husband is sorting and cleaning his tools ready for shipping. He has used jeyes fluid as suggested on this forum but the tools have old scuff marks will this cause any problems with customs?

He has a dwalt site radio but it has concrete around the base if he uses jeyes fluid will this be acceptable or is it better not to ship it? It is an expensive radio but we don't want to get stung with heavy customs charges??

any advise in general on shipping?

we would like to bring over spices and sauces can this be put in container ?

Guest Guest11535

As long as the tools are clean and free of dirt then they shouldn't be a problem, I have cleaned mine and jeyes and given them a light coating of WD40. Don't worry they should be fine.

Edited by Guest11535

Hi

Soil or mud is the main issue. as long as the tools are reasonable clean you should be ok... Jeyes pluid keeps the customs people happy.

As for spices and sauces..... they would need to be declared as they are food stuffs. I my experience if you declare the items customs are generally happy, if not hey will dispose of them. Up to you if you want to try but be sure to declare them. If found without being delcared is far worse.

Guest Chris_J

Our shippers said in no uncertain terms, no food. I had to ditch loads of spices I had rack full that had to go.

as for tools, cleaned mine with jeyes and sprayed with some bike chain oil all ok, same with the bikes minus the oil. Make sure you empty the Hoover bag and change filters. Put do not pack stickers on things you are not taking......our mower got packed even though I said several times don't pack that mower. Get as much in the container as you can, the less movement there is, the less likely you have a breakage.

Just jumping in here about tools,

I am shipping mine eventually, but will be spread amongst big lockable tool boxes, if customs need to check in boxes, do I leave them unlocked? Or supply key somehow..

..if you leave them locked and customs want to look in side ..... well they wont be lockable after.. they have a great tool that just broach's the lock and its surround metal away.. more snap off than snap on! and then leave it in your top draw!!

a good shipping company will wrap them up so it wont matter if they are open as they wont open unless unpacked. we brought lawn mowers ... everything but it has to be CLEAN... the lawn mower was stripped cleaned and repainted. spades jet washed.. repainted.. they are protecting their boarders, they don't wont spores of dutch elm disease.. or the like... Clean.. and that includes the greasy dust, muck that sits at the bottom of the tool box. or the inside of your most used socket.. if the Mrs's wouldn't let you put it on the kitchen table!!!!! it ain't clean enough.... and if your Mrs's don't want it on the kitchen table why should the Australians have it in their country... CLEAN it . paint it.