Salary negotiation?

Guest Renal Nurse

Guest Renal Nurse

Hi, just wondering if anyone has experience in this, that they might be able to advise me on.

i have a verbal job offer for ACSC. This would be my first post in Australia. Will I automatically start at the bottom of the ACSC salary scale, or can I use my years of experience to ask to start higher up?

Also the website advertises at total indicative pay. Does this mean it accounts for salary sacrifice etc? And if so, would anyone feel comfortable sharing what an ACSC actually earns?

i don't want to sound greedy, just trying to earn as much as I can for the family.

thanks in anticipation

Guest Guest6899

I cant comment on what level you will enter that would be between you & your employer, i presume its the same as level 1's where you have to prove how many hours you have worked, then the level is decided (its not years here but hours) but will let somebody else confirm. ACSC commence on $73000 1st increment + penalty rates, you should be able to locate pay pates on the ANMF website, they are curriently under negotiaion and hopefully going up :wink:. i dont think you can just ask for more money like the poster above, if your in a public hospital then were are goverend the same as the NHS :sad:. salary sacrifice is completely seperate, you just take out a certain amount and then tax is deducted on the remaining then the money is put back in, a little confusing until you get your head around it. mine is just devided equally throughout the year but there are lots of different ways you can do it. we all need to earn as much as possible its an expensive country to live in.

hope iv made sense, in the middle of a night shift, lol.

Edited by Guest6899

Guest Renal Nurse

Thanks.

i tried the anmf website, but pay rates are for members only. The job advert stated "indicative total renumeration $86,202 to $94,641. That's a far cry from $73,000. I take it there's something I'm missing?

Thanks.

i tried the anmf website, but pay rates are for members only. The job advert stated "indicative total renumeration $86,202 to $94,641. That's a far cry from $73,000. I take it there's something I'm missing?

That amount will include the super (pension) which is compulsory and at least 9% of salary. In my experience of the job market adverts that say 'total renumeration' are including super in the figure.

Guest Guest6899

Taken from the ANMF site, pay rates expire on 30th June.

ACSC (level 2)

1st increment $73000

2nd increment $74500

3rd increment $76000

4th increment $77500

5th increment $79000 all + penalty rates

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Renal Nurse

Thanks for this everyone, clearly I have much to learn!

Ive decided, to try to negotiate my salary.

Fingers crossed, I'll let you know how I get on.