Sign in to follow this  
Guest sweet pea

2 cats free to good home

Guest sweet pea

I dont know if this is the right place to put this ad but I wonder if someone could give my two 3years old cats a good home. A female and a male both desexed,wormed and flea treated. They are happy inside or out and get on well together but I would consider separting them if I really had to. Not a decision taken easily but I am able to take them with me.

As a first port of call I would suggest contacting all the rescues around to see if they are able to take them and rehome them. There are some that have a no PTS policy and could potentially help. Also contacting your vet if you've not done so as they may be able to point you in the direction of a reputable rescue and rehoming centre.

IMHO a rehoming centre is a good way to rehome as the cats have fall back should their new home not work out for whatever reason (in rehoming it does happen that adopted animals are returned to the rescue). Rescues tend to have a policy (not sure if the RSPCA does but I know of others that do) where the contract of adoption stipulates the animal(s) are to be returned to the shelter if they cannot be kept for whatever reason. This helps improve the chances the animals won't be passed on to someone else or dumped if the new owner cannot continue to keep them. If you rehome them privately you of course cannot have this signed in a contract etc.

Guest sweet pea
    I dont know if this is the right place to put this ad but I wonder if someone could give my two 3years old cats a good home. A female and a male both desexed,wormed and flea treated. They are happy inside or out and get on well together but I would consider separting them if I really had to. Not a decision taken easily but I am able to take them with me.

My house is being sold on the 23rd of April so I am hoping to find them a good home. Forgot to say they are both chipped as well

Regards Pat

My house is being sold on the 23rd of April so I am hoping to find them a good home. Forgot to say they are both chipped as well

Regards Pat

It is a shame you are unable to take them with you if you are remaining local (or in Aus). I hope you find them a good home.

Have you tried rescues and so on yet? Personally I'd sooner go through a decent rescue/rehoming shelter than a forum for the reasons I gave above.

Guest sweet pea

yes you are right a rescue shelter is a good idea just thought it would be nice to see the person will look after them. Going back to england and I would love to take them with me but I dont have enough time for all that needs to be done as it takes 6 months

yes you are right a rescue shelter is a good idea just thought it would be nice to see the person will look after them. Going back to england and I would love to take them with me but I dont have enough time for all that needs to be done as it takes 6 months

You don't need 6 months.

Have a read of this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16347725

Also, contact this animal rescue. They have a no kill policy and vet potential new owners and so on

http://www.sadogrescue.com/Cats-for-Adoption.html

There are other rescues that will do the same to ensure you cats go to a good home and they have the fall back of the rescue if their new owners cannot continue to keep them for whatever reason.