Sign in to follow this  
Guest BJF

Back Online

Guest BJF

Hi all,

Sorry I've not been around for yhe past week but my pc died BIG style, resulting in a complete new hard drive, most miffed that no data at all could be rescued from the old HD which means I've lost everything since I last saved everything to cd around early december time.

:cry: All the pics and video I took at the two Robbie Williams gigs I went to in Brisbane have been lost.

PLEASE, PLEASE learn from my mistake and save stuff to CD on a regular basis.

I'm just gonna catch up with posts and PM's.

Guest Guest75
    Hi all,

Sorry I've not been around for yhe past week but my pc died BIG style, resulting in a complete new hard drive, most miffed that no data at all could be rescued from the old HD which means I've lost everything since I last saved everything to cd around early december time.

:cry: All the pics and video I took at the two Robbie Williams gigs I went to in Brisbane have been lost.

PLEASE, PLEASE learn from my mistake and save stuff to CD on a regular basis.

I'm just gonna catch up with posts and PM's.

Good to see ya back.

Sorry to see you have lost so much stuff.

Another way to save data is to buy an external hard drive.We have far to much stuff to save on CD's (lots of pics).External hard drives are becoming a lot cheaper now.We have it set to automatically back up 3 times per week.

Guest BJF

Thanks Tyke,

It's great to be back online again.

Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,

(yes I'm blonde so I'm entitled to have a few blonde moments)

I never thought of getting an external hard drive, I'll price them up at the weekend but I've gotta go careful for the next few weeks, not spend too much as pc just cost me $372. to get back up and running again.

Hi Di

I've seen a few posts from you recently, welcome back its great to haver your views / advise :)

Regards

Angela

Guest dglamoore
    Another way to save data is to buy an external hard drive.We have far to much stuff to save on CD's (lots of pics).External hard drives are becoming a lot cheaper now.We have it set to automatically back up 3 times per week.

We have just got one of these after having pc problems a while ago. Did not lose much except our emails which I had forgotton to back up :oops: but must admit the hard drive back up is a god send and makes life so much easier :lol:

Lisa