Aldinga Beach ?????

Guest ROBERT

Guest ROBERT

Anyone have any info on Aldinga Beach.Property looks reasonably priced,any bad things.We have very young children 4 and 14 months.Any info would help

Thanks

Rob,Faye,Erin and Ben

Arrive April 23rd

Aldinga is some way out, so with two littlies if one of you is staying at home, it could be a little isolating, so you may need 2 cars,unless the one who is working can get there by public transport. There is transport to that area, which is fine if you need to go to town or a local hub but if you need to cross suburbs not on the route it can take a while.

Aldinga is a nice suburb though and the beach is lovely.

There's a few PIA'ers this side of the world that have bought at Aldinga, including myself!!

The upside is the close proximity to Aldinga Beach which is just lovely and new properties built to your needs (if you buy land and house packages). Prices for houses there are still really competitive.

The downside is, it is around an hour from CBD, so if you work in the city you'll have alonger than average commute. The nearest train line is Noarlunga which is a 15 min drive away.

At the moment a lot of building work is going on, so there are complaints of dust winds.

I'm sure other PIA'ers will add to the pro's and con's.

Judi x

Just remebered that when daughter no 2 was in grade 4 her teacher new to the school told me how surprised she was to see the children just sitting and talking quietly when she came into the class. She told me that at her last school the kids would have been throwing chairs......she came from Aldinga Primary. That was 5 years ago and schools can change very quickly, if the principal, teachers change. http://www.aldingar7.sa.edu.au/context-statement.pdf will give you info about the school apart from what is on offer from the website. Teachers at this school attract 2 complexity points and 1 isolation point( they use these points to get into a school of their choice later) 1/2 the students are on school card, this could mean that their parents are on a low income, not necessarily chronically unemployed or problem families. Some aboriginal students attend this school and get extra literacy help.

Hi Rob

We have bought in Aldinga Beach and havent been before. We are going on a Recci today ad will be checking out the schools in the surrounding area's. watch out for my Recci Return post when we return in 2 weeks.

All the best

Kimberley x:wubclub: