buying a car.

Guest stufi1997

Guest stufi1997

:)Hi, i'm just checking out car hire prices from the airport, seems to me that it's just as expensive as it is here, so we're debating how long to hire one for until we can find a runabout of our own.:confused: So if we walk in and find a motor on the first day there, how long does it take before you can drive off with it? Does the dealer sort out your paperwork for you or does it take a while to sort out insurance and stuff.? surely a couple of weeks with a car hire would be plenty of time eh? any unforseeable probs in this anyone ? Stu.:huh:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

Two weeks should be more than enough especially if you know what vehicle you are looking for, second hand cars everywhere, normally a couple of days for them to prep and get the paperwork sorted,

Guzzler

Guest stufi1997

Cheers Guzzler, i thought that, and i do hate chucking dosh down the drain when i't could be spent on something of my own to trash....p.s... can't imagine why your called Guzzler?????but i can guess!

Stu.

"and there it was ...gone" tee hee.

Guest stufi1997

:) Thanks Raich, good links. I had a wee squint at them and got tickled by the campervans..hee hee. It's going to be the schools hols the week we arrive so probably have a couple of weeks R n R ourselves so might even have a little tour further afield. ;)

cheers Stu.:notworthy:

Guest soggy

Hi,

We spent 2 days looking for the right car to buy so we could get rid of the hire car, there are lots of bigger cars, V6 and V8 around but found small cars a little harder to find, maybe we were looking in the wrong places, also used cars hold there value very well here and the smaller cars we found we could not bring ourselves to buy, for example 10 year old astra for $11000 , may have got a discount but it seemed so expensive, in the uk it would have been next to nothing. We bought new in the end, we did not plan to it just happend $ 18000 on the road for a fiesta, we could have got a focus for a few hundred more if my wife did not insist on a auto.

One more thing, take out comprehensive insurance and include the extras like replacment car cover, I took out the comp insurance but not the extra cover, I assumed as in the uk if someone hit me I would get a replacment car on their insurance while being repaired, someone hit me the day after picking it up and here you have to prove loosing a car for a while stops you being able to work to get a replacment, i'm not working so have to hire a car and pay myself even though someone ran into the back of me:arghh:

Simon:):):)

Guest stufi1997

[:shocked: Oh what a bummer Simon.

see just when you think it's all going smoothly eh! :arghh:

Never mind once those hoosies are up and running you'll get it back.

So are you ever gonna get a job Simon ? or are you just going to be a beach bum for the rest of your days...haha!

cheers Stu.:biglaugh:

Guest soggy
[:shocked: Oh what a bummer Simon.

see just when you think it's all going smoothly eh! :arghh:

Never mind once those hoosies are up and running you'll get it back.

So are you ever gonna get a job Simon ? or are you just going to be a beach bum for the rest of your days...haha!

cheers Stu.:biglaugh:

I like the idea of being a beach bum, but not sure the wife would agree. I am going to have a little bit of a career change, we have just had an offer accepted on a coffee shop/snack bar in North Adelaide, there is still the matter of changing the lease into our names, as this is in a shopping center (marik group) things could still go wrong, but may soon be swapping magnolia covermatt for cappuccino and espresso, hopfully they will taste better than the paint.

Simon:)

Guest caoimhe
I like the idea of being a beach bum, but not sure the wife would agree. I am going to have a little bit of a career change, we have just had an offer accepted on a coffee shop/snack bar in North Adelaide, there is still the matter of changing the lease into our names, as this is in a shopping center (marik group) things could still go wrong, but may soon be swapping magnolia covermatt for cappuccino and espresso, hopfully they will taste better than the paint.

Simon:)

You will have to fill us all in with the details when you are up and running and we can all call in and support our local pom :jiggy:

If we ever get there:arghh:

Guest soggy
I've always wanted my own coffee shop. dunno why ?! Maybe gets some tips off of you when we arrive ;)

The place I have got ( if nothing goes wrong ) is Zoom Espresso in the North Adelaide shopping village, there always seems to be snack bars/coffee shops for sale, it is just a "simple" matter of getting one that will earn you the income you want, and cost the right price and hopfully room to increase your turnover so you can make a profit when you sell !!. If you really want one let me know and I will give you some contacts I have now.

Simon:):)

Let us know when you are up n running cos I only work down the road, and I,ll come n peruse. Is it on the front of the complex or inside? I've only been there once since the Makris people did it up. Still waiting for their development over the road to begin. When I lived in Nth Adelaide that empty site was the home of LeCornu's 2nd site and its claim to fame was the longest non reflecting window in the Southern hemisphere. They also had a free tea and coffee bar so my older siblings would frequent stating they were looking for furniture for the parents who were busy because we'd just arrived from England. With their accents they got away with it for some time.

Is Magnolia still paint of choice in UK then. Hubby and I used to joke about going into interior decorating......painting everything magnolia and chucking a few green plants and mirrors in.....that was 16 yrs ago tho.

Good luck with the coffee shop.

Guest stufi1997
The place I have got ( if nothing goes wrong ) is Zoom Espresso in the North Adelaide shopping village,

I think our rental is in North Adelaide...Hampstead Gardens.....???, might be your first customers Sime??:biglaugh:

Stu.

Guest soggy
Let us know when you are up n running cos I only work down the road, and I,ll come n peruse. Is it on the front of the complex or inside? I've only been there once since the Makris people did it up. Still waiting for their development over the road to begin. When I lived in Nth Adelaide that empty site was the home of LeCornu's 2nd site and its claim to fame was the longest non reflecting window in the Southern hemisphere. They also had a free tea and coffee bar so my older siblings would frequent stating they were looking for furniture for the parents who were busy because we'd just arrived from England. With their accents they got away with it for some time.

Is Magnolia still paint of choice in UK then. Hubby and I used to joke about going into interior decorating......painting everything magnolia and chucking a few green plants and mirrors in.....that was 16 yrs ago tho.

Good luck with the coffee shop.

no free tea and coffee in my place:biglaugh:, it is inside but not to far, if you go in the main door its on the right,the shop is already running but the owner ill and needs to sell, if makris get things moving we could be taking over in about 3 weeks but can't be sure yet.

Magnolia does seem to be everywhere in the uk, at least for house builders that I have been working for, some choose soft white, to me it's a different shade of magnolia:)

Simon

Hampstead Gdns is about 8kms out of town. Good shopping centre at Sefton Park, there's a woolworths and Foodland(supermarkets) a Target (discaount department type store)friut n veg shops, etc. Your suburb is in the North, but North Adelaide is a suburb 5 mins out of town, the founding forefathers weren't very imaginative with names. A lot of suburbs have street names such as First, second etc. A lot of the suburbs have been named after places in UK. There is a town called Dublin, its about 45 mins out, it has just a large pub and a few houses. Anyways you will not be far away from Simon's coffee shop and it looks like he is going to have customers lining up.:biglaugh:

Guest Julesmc5

We rented a Corolla from Thrifty at the airport for 3 weeks (about 30 per day), during the first week, we bought a new Kia from newspot Kia (main road north, from Mike). He was fantastic. Lent us the dealership loaner until our car can arrive, no charge. We returned our rental at no penalty, and Mike even drove out to the airport with us to make sure we had a ride back (only hubby drives).