"Oldies" picnic??????

Guest Guest75

Sorry it has to be said................................Not a good vision of Lazy Cow on the swing then............................:shocked::shocked::swoon::swoon::swoon:

So where is LC???...surely she isn't going to let you get away with that.......I bet she is thinking, thinking, thinking and will be along soon........I wish she would hurry up the suspense is killing me.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest75
So where is LC???...surely she isn't going to let you get away with that.......I bet she is thinking, thinking, thinking and will be along soon........I wish she would hurry up the suspense is killing me.

Must be fermenting the most acid reply ever???:realmad::mad:

Or back in care after Day Release????:wacko::goofy:

Boy,do I expect a "Thwack" around the ear for these.......

Oh and BTW....................:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Well, goodness me! I do not understand why anyone thought there was a need for me to reply. But since you do, here it is:

Firstly, 'pants' means 'trousers'. Simple as. I don't think my dislike of wearing pants is particularly contentious and if I were wearing short skirts or dresses whilst on a swing, the view might well be unpleasant as my legs are horrible (but really useful).

Secondly, if Tyke is using the word 'pants' in such a way as to imply I do not wear underwear, then that would be vulgar, nasty and the antithesis of who I am. It would also make Tyke a rather disgusting and dirty old man which I don't believe he is.

HTH!

LC

Guest Claire-n-tel

Morning "Oldies"!

Is this still happening? We are definately going to camp there for the weekend, will probably go up on friday afternoon so if anyone wants to make a weekend of it let me know.......although i am aware as the "baby" that arthritis and the like of oldies may be prohibitive to this :tongue:

See you Sunday! :wubclub:

claire & tel x

Guest Guest75

Sorry!!! Not kept up with this at all . Highly distracted putting a lick of paint on the Tyke Shack.:arghh::goofy:

​Yep, it's still on if anyone is coming.

Not perfect conditions with a chance of a shower but we are made of tough stuff. It could improve yet.

Shall we say meet up at 12.00???

I'll put up a map / directions tonight:smile:

http://www.willyweather.com.au/sa/fleurieu-peninsula/kuitpo.html

Edited by Guest75
added weather link.

Sorry!!! Not kept up with this at all . Highly distracted putting a lick of paint on the Tyke Shack.:arghh::goofy:

​Yep, it's still on if anyone is coming.

Not perfect conditions with a chance of a shower but we are made of tough stuff. It could improve yet.

Shall we say meet up at 12.00???

I'll put up a map / directions tonight:smile:

http://www.willyweather.com.au/sa/fleurieu-peninsula/kuitpo.html

You're not sitting down on the job are you????:smile: Is it "tonight" yet?:eek:

Guest Guest75
You're not sitting down on the job are you????:smile: Is it "tonight" yet?:eek:

Huh!! Cheek.!!!!

I'm a bloke and CAN multi task. Ask LC - I was on the toilet and swapping texts with her a while back, for some reason she did not appreciate that knowledge.

Guest Guest75

I'll bring a couple of griddles to put over the hot coals so if anyone wants to bring any bbq stuff you are welcome.:biggrin:

Hope this works!!!!!:rolleyes:

I'll bring a couple of griddles to put over the hot coals so if anyone wants to bring any bbq stuff you are welcome.:biggrin:

Hope this works!!!!!:rolleyes:

Like that idea.RE BBQ....now are you going to "put up the directions"......or did you mean you were going to "post them" or are we meant to use ESP or did you mean something else. I know women are meant to be insightful but......:unsure: and we really didn't need to hear about the texting with LC....I am with her on that one....:wink:

I was on the toilet and swapping texts with her a while back, for some reason she did not appreciate that knowledge.

Although it did explain the contents and quality of your texts.........:shocked:

Kris, I read your post this morning and it made me rofl, thank you :)

​LC

Guest Guest75

OK, here goes...............

We shall be up at The Avenues picnic site in Kuitpo Forest from 12 lunch onward.

Just look for the white Toyota 4WD and listen for 3 howling Bedlington Terriers - might be a chainsaw going as well - you can make a fire up there using fallen wood.:biggrin:

In the link below if you find The Kuitpo Forest Information Center ,The Avenues is just above it.

So directions.............

Go south on the Victor Harbour Road, up Willunga Hill.at the top of the hill take the first left onto the B34, Old Willunga Hill Road.

After a few hundred meters turn right ,this is still the B34, Called Brookman Road.

Follow this road for at least 10K's

Eventually you will see the pine Forest and on the right the Forestry office.

Just over 1K from this is The Avenues Picnic ground on the right.

The forest in front has been cleared recently.

Turn in right and we should be on the right in the trees.

http://www.forestry.sa.gov.au/Portals/0/Publications/InfoLeaflets/KuitpoPinesAndVinesMap.pdf

If anyone wants my mobile drop me a PM.

Guest Claire-n-tel

Hi Tyke:biggrin: We are going to camp at the chookarloo campsite i think, we will try to get up to the picnic site and depending on the wood situation (ie we dont have a chain saw!) will try to get a fire going before you get there so there'll be some hot coals ready to add your monster wood load to:wink: and i'll chuck in some baked potatos!

See you all there!

claire & tel x

Guest Guest75
Hi Tyke:biggrin: We are going to camp at the chookarloo campsite i think, we will try to get up to the picnic site and depending on the wood situation (ie we dont have a chain saw!) will try to get a fire going before you get there so there'll be some hot coals ready to add your monster wood load to:wink: and i'll chuck in some baked potatos!

See you all there!

claire & tel x

Great stuff. If you see any rocks around the camp fire areas can you nab them. Then I'll have something to rest the griddles on.

Baked potatoes - yum!

Guest Guest75
I wonder if my GPS will work up that way:nah:. Last time I tried using it - it got me going in a loop......and I was literally going "loopy":wacko:

Ummmm???????? Doubt it will up there in Woop Woop land. If ya get stuck give us a holler - or you can meet at ours and follow up??

I'd ask you into our vehicle but 30 minutes of screaming Bedlington Terriers will send ya as daft as LC!

Ummmm???????? Doubt it will up there in Woop Woop land. If ya get stuck give us a holler - or you can meet at ours and follow up??

I'd ask you into our vehicle but 30 minutes of screaming Bedlington Terriers will send ya as daft as LC!

Oh Thanks but I think I should be OK - I have been there once before....she says....knowing full well that won't make any difference......

And I think you are skating on very thin ice there with your last comment...... it's a "danger is my business":cool: attitude ....but definitely gave me a chuckle or two....:smile:

Guest Claire-n-tel

We're here!! at chookarloo campsite about 500m nth of the avenues, we popped in there on the way past, doesnt seem much big stuff to burn (without a chainsaw anyway!) Tel has gone off now for a scout around. It is lovely up here Tyke, very quiet, lots of birds and not too many people!

oh and Kris you should be ok with the gps, i have phone reception!

See you all Sunday!

c&t

Edited by Claire-n-tel
spelling again! <must proof read!>

Guest Guest75
We're here!! at chookarloo campsite about 500m nth of the avenues, we popped in there on the way past, doesnt seem much big stuff to burn (without a chainsaw anyway!) Tel has gone off now for a scout around. It is lovely up here Tyke, very quiet, lots of birds and not too many people!

oh and Kris you should be ok with the gps, i have phone reception!

See you all Sunday!

c&t

​Wahaay!!

Glad you like it up there,it's a lovely part of the world.

The weather is good at least!!

I'm a bit worried about the fire situation as there are still fire warnings being given out. As far as the CFS and Forestry SA web site say fire ban is lifted after 30th of April.

I might ring the Ranger's office just down the road from you in the morning to make 100% sure we are OK to have a fire.

​Hope so - if not I have a portable gas BBQ but it won't be the same as a camp fire!!!!

Guest Claire-n-tel
​Wahaay!!

Glad you like it up there,it's a lovely part of the world.

The weather is good at least!!

I'm a bit worried about the fire situation as there are still fire warnings being given out. As far as the CFS and Forestry SA web site say fire ban is lifted after 30th of April.

I might ring the Ranger's office just down the road from you in the morning to make 100% sure we are OK to have a fire.

​Hope so - if not I have a portable gas BBQ but it won't be the same as a camp fire!!!!

We were a bit worried too re fires as the signs are still up at the start of the forest, the rangers office was closed (only open 9-11) but the sign outside there said fires were ok, also we checked on the csf fire ban site and there was still a ban on the eyre peninsula but no where else. there were about 6 fires around the site last night and the ranger drove through and didnt stop to tell anyone to put them out so i'm guessing they just didnt take down the signs yet? We have to go to the office this morning to pay for permit so i'll check for sure and let you know:biggrin:

It rained most of last night so things are fairly damp this morning so not sure what the wood is like, we have got 1 bag of redwood with us if we need it but hopefully the stuff laying around will be ok! bahhh to gas bbq!:biglaugh:

Got woken up about 6 this morning by lots of kookaburras laughing at us!:wubclub:

Guest Claire-n-tel

OK.....good news.... the ranger just came round and said fires are fine and they just haven't got round to collecting all the signs yet...good job as we were in the middle of cooking our breakfast jaffles and i wouldn't have been happy jan!:biggrin:

OK.....good news.... the ranger just came round and said fires are fine and they just haven't got round to collecting all the signs yet...good job as we were in the middle of cooking our breakfast jaffles and i wouldn't have been happy jan!:biggrin:

Those Jaffles sound great Claire.....I've been cleaning all day today....I know where I would rather be....have a good night and see you tomorrow. Have GPS...will travel......also have Tyke's mobile number as a back up.

Guest Claire-n-tel
Sorry guys, but have to cancel out. Having severe back stabbing pains. Caused me to spin a glass of wine over myself yesterday evening. What a waste of good wine. Have a good day anyway.

Aww Doug :sad:i hope you feel better soon!

Kris hopefully those cookies are baked and ready to make an appearance!

Everyone.....bring ya jumpers its boody cold down here this morning......10c on van gauge!:err: Sees yous soon!

Guest Claire-n-tel

Hi All! We have nabbed the first picnic spot to the left of the loo, near to the walk start, tel off forraging for wood so we'll get a fire going so we have some hot coals to cook on! Oh and we found some marshmallows to toast in town this morning.....yum!