Growler

3 weeks long enough partner seems to think so!

Hi, we are coming over in 5 weeks and my partner seems to think we will easily find a house on a 6 meonth rental with 4 cats that is half decent in three weeks!!!! I seem to think we need at least four its like im talking to a brick wall.......please help so i can prove my point! I dont want to be stuck with nowhere to live.....

Not sure about getting a 6 month rental, I know when we were renting most wanted to tie you into a 12 month contract. Having 4 cats may make it a bit harder as well.

Hi,

we managed in three weeks but for a 12 month lease and one cat!mproblem may also be that the rentals aren't always available straight away, we had to wait a week for ours from being accepted and it can be longer.

​gill x

I know that Mitcham Council has a restriction on number of cats and I think it is the only one (but could be wrong about that). Our council (Unley) doesn't have a restriction on number of cats.

I know that Mitcham Council has a restriction on number of cats and I think it is the only one (but could be wrong about that). Our council (Unley) doesn't have a restriction on number of cats.

Unless things have changed recently, plenty of councils restrict cat numbers - Adelaide Hills, Adelaide City Council, Charles Sturt etc.

Guest The Bells

HI,

We have secured a great rental down south for 3 months. But for us, as well as looking for a dog friendly long term, we have to also live near a decent school for my son. But I'm sure if your flexible where you can live you'll be fine. I keep looking at realestate.com and there are loads of houses. Maybe persuade him to go for 4 wks instead of 3 !!! That extra week could be relaxing and getting organised.

good luck

Emma x

Unless things have changed recently, plenty of councils restrict cat numbers - Adelaide Hills, Adelaide City Council, Charles Sturt etc.

:shocked:Wow...that is a few more....perhaps the OP can contact the http://www.lga.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm - LGA (Local Governing Association) to find out which councils have the restrictions before deciding where to settle. We only have two cats in our council but as I said they don't currently have the restrictions. (It looks like the restriction for Mitcham, Adelaide & Charles Sturt is for two cats.)