House Prices IN Adelaide

Guest mike

My famiily and I are looking to move to Adelaide. What are the prices of property like? For instance 3 or 4 bedroom detached house? What are the best schools?

Guest soggy
My famiily and I are looking to move to Adelaide. What are the prices of property like? For instance 3 or 4 bedroom detached house? What are the best schools?

Hi, welcome to PIA,

I can't help you on the schools, but as far as houses go this is what I can tell you, Adelaide is a big area, with a wide range of house prices, the closer you get to the city it's self or a beach the more expensive, although there are many places if you don't mind living 1/2 an hour or more out from the city and a drive away from the beach that are still cheap by uk standards. Have a look at www.realestate.com.au to get an idea.:)

Simon

Thanks; I have been on the suggested website, what are the areas like that are 30 mins drive away? We live in a nice part of sheffield but it dont look like we could afford to live, where my wife would like to, in Eastern Adelaide, which seems as if property is as expansive as Sheffield.

Guest soggy
Thanks; I have been on the suggested website, what are the areas like that are 30 mins drive away? We live in a nice part of sheffield but it dont look like we could afford to live, where my wife would like to, in Eastern Adelaide, which seems as if property is as expansive as Sheffield.

I have not been here long and the Eastern Adelaide is the place ive been to least so can't really help, my brother has shown an interest in coming here and i had a quick look at property for him in the northern are where you can find 3 bed houses that look fine for between 250000 and 300000, I am not sure about the suburbs yet as have not been to them but the suburbs I have been to all seem to have a mix of good and bad just in varying degrees. Watch this space, your sure to get lots of info from members who have been here much longer than me:)

Simon

Guest Libby1971

Hi

Prices start at a $200, 000 for a 3 bed, possibly a bit less but not usually, in the southern suburbs around here. We are 20/25 mins from city centre. There is a park and ride at the end of the road, access to the expressway nearby and a train station 10 mins away.

Four bed houses start at $300,000, IMO.

If you are interested in a specific area, email one of the estate agents like Ray White, Century 21, REMAX etc, and ask to be added to their mailing list. This can be done easily from realestate.com.au by completing an online form which is automotically forwarded to the agent. This will allow you to see how far your money goes.

In the UK, we lived in Oxfordshire. We spent the amount on dollars that we would have spent in pounds back in the UK and got something that we like.

Libby

The south of Adelaide is affordable for most and very pretty, or the Adelaide Hills. IN THE SOUTH: all suburbs i have listed are approx 15 - 20 mins to beach Happy Valley, Woodcroft, Sheidow Park, Old Reynella (of course because thats where i live), IN THE HILLS: Bridgewater, Stirling, Aldgate are all nice.

The south house prices for 3 bedroom , maybe 2 bathrooms are from about $275.000 AUS and 4 bedroom 2 bathroom from about $320,000 AUS. you can spend more or less depending on condition of house and size of block.

Christies Beach is another suburb that in parts are a little older but the house prices are booming there at the moment and its 5 mins or less to beach.

All major shopping centres, hospitals, schools and things to do are within 1/2 hour of the southern suburbs in Adelaide.

Hope this helps

Kate :)

Thanks; I am a teacher so I have some understanding about the schools but I cant seem to find any direct comparisson between schools, part of that is that South Austraia does not have league tables like in the UK. The only way I have found to find out how good or bad a school is is by going on individual school websites and looking at their data tables. Is there an easy and quicker way?