obxer7

Partners 40th Birthday.

Myself and my partner are arriving in Adelaide in July. It is his 40th birthday in September and I would like to organise something to do. If we both manage to secure jobs then I would maybe go for a few nights to Cairns but I am no optimistic that that will happen before then.

Looking for ideas of things to do to celebrate.

We also have a 1year old daughter so would need to be family friendly as we wont' be able to call on the services of our family babysitters.

Thanks in advance

Nicola

Guest kath n Gordon

Depends a lot on what type of thing you had in mind? Lots of beautiful places for meals or long extended lunches if that's suitable maybe a winery in the McLaren Vales or somewhere near the beach such as the Star of Greece at Willunga or the flying fish café at Horseshoe Bay or in the hills The stirling hotel or for amazing city views the Windy Point Restaurant.

Or some lovely cottages you could hire for a day or two again at McLaren Vale or the Barossa or Clare Valley or a city break so you can investigate the city??

Depends a lot on what type of thing you had in mind? Lots of beautiful places for meals or long extended lunches if that's suitable maybe a winery in the McLaren Vales or somewhere near the beach such as the Star of Greece at Willunga or the flying fish café at Horseshoe Bay or in the hills The stirling hotel or for amazing city views the Windy Point Restaurant.

Or some lovely cottages you could hire for a day or two again at McLaren Vale or the Barossa or Clare Valley or a city break so you can investigate the city??

Thank you so much for replying. It has definately given me something to think about and research. I have not really had time to have a good look but looked at the Star of Greece...looks lovely there. xx