M&EmCathcart

Christmas beach house

Hi everyone,

My husband and I live just on the edge of the Barossa, we've been he for 6 weeks now and finally getting settled. We have both sets of parents coming over at Christmas this year which we're really looking forward to as our first Christmas away from home would have been tough. We have a big enough house for everyone but we were thinking of trying to surprise our families with a beach house for 5 days or so over Christmas.

I've looked on a few generic websites for holiday rentals but not really sure which area - maybe thinking somewhere south or even as far down as victor harbour, we can see the northern places from here so something a bit differ would be good - suggestions would be great!

We're looking for a nice big house that could sleep 7 (3 couples plus my brother) and that would be dog friendly for a ery well behaved dog. Ideally we'd like a pool and somewhere close to the beach. We're not having any other holidays this year and knew we don't mind spending a little more to find somewhere perfect. We want to spoil our families for coming all the way out here to see us.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, even just ideas of areas, websites etc

Thankyou all in advance

Emma

I am pretty sure there is somewhere in Port Elliot but can't remember the name. Really good place to base yourselves and very beautiful, hope you find somewhere and get it booked quickly :-)

Guest bidsandrew

There is a place in Victor Harbour called Brooksview Farmstay. I don't know what it is like but I am staying there with a few friends in Aug. It sleeps up to 10 and is pet friendly.

Another alternative is a houseboat on the Murray. We took our dog with us when we went, it's a wonderful experience and a beautiful place. It's not always beach weather here in Adelaide at Christmas time, and bear in mind that Victor tends to be about 5-10 degrees cooler as well.

Thanks for all that info! We don't mind if it's not 40C...the parents are going to be coming over from the middle of the UK winter so think it'll be hot enough. Will look into a few other options. Trevorpayne - any idea if your friends list their house on a website or something to take a look at?

Emma