anyone else moving over in June or thereabouts?

Guest Benoli

If it makes you feel better I am actually 41, I told a little white lie above ;) My wife is 38 though...

Did you say you were looking at the Brighton area too?

We'll be in Glenelg to begin with, the first year or so probably. Looking to put our son into a school in Warradale, not the Glenelg primary (even though being round the corner it'd be a fab short school run in the morning). As to where we eventually settle, who knows :cute:. We don't want to live too far down south (ie not past Seacliff) and not going north. We are looking at various suburbs and also places further out inland into the hills as in many ways we'd like to have quick access to open space. So smaller towns out that way or some such. Hubby has ruled out Mount Barker as being too far, the Adelaide side of the hills as such is where we are sort of drawing the line. Although I rather like the look of it out there but living there might not stack up.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Benoli
Hi Benoli,

We're coming over in September and like you we have left it late with having children. Our 2 little people are ages 6 & 4. We don't have jobs or a home sorted yet and It's a huge leap of faith !

Hope your move goes great and wood love to share a Coffee but prefrebly a bottle of wine when we arrive. :)

will make sure I've got the glasses polished and the wine chiilled :biggrin: x

Guest Benoli
Don't forget us! ;)

I arrive last week in July, wife & daughter arrive mid September. We're late 30's, daughter will be 5.

Just waiting for my 457 to be approved!

w​ill see you over there! good luck with the visa!!!! x

Guest Benoli
G'day guys, well there's quite a stream of you heading this way over the next couple of months. That's great news. Now, how many of you need to be met at the airport. I'm happy to meet and greet, then transport you to your temporary home, FREE of charge. PM Thewhitehouse for recommendations if necessary, met them 3 weeks ago and they are now settling in very nicely. I live in Morphett Vale, that's south of the city, but am willing to take you where ever in the metro area. Port Noarlunga is a beaut place for you to begin your new life, even if you move on later.

Here's hope to meet you later, Doug

what a wonderful gesture and very much appreciated. We have a friend who lives there already coming to meet us but I'm sure there's quite a few others who will be greatful of your help. Thanks Doug for a lovely offer, its great to know there are still such kind, thoughtful and selfless people out there x

G'day guys, well there's quite a stream of you heading this way over the next couple of months. That's great news. Now, how many of you need to be met at the airport. I'm happy to meet and greet, then transport you to your temporary home, FREE of charge. PM Thewhitehouse for recommendations if necessary, met them 3 weeks ago and they are now settling in very nicely. I live in Morphett Vale, that's south of the city, but am willing to take you where ever in the metro area. Port Noarlunga is a beaut place for you to begin your new life, even if you move on later.

Here's hope to meet you later, Doug

Hi Doug,

completely agree with Benoli & others, what a great and admirable offer and thank you Doug! I for one appreciate the humanity of offering a helping hand to others as I'm sure everyone on the forum does.

we are happy enough to mosey on into town but would be great to meet up with everyone whos interested, it is a great thread [thanks benoli].

Please do PM us to keep in touch if we dont PM you first!

We cany wait to get there and it would be good to take a glass of wine with everyone

​Pete

Guest Helen Pryse Lloyd

Hi we arrive on 5th June with 4 children age 7,5,3,2. Got a rental at Henley beach and looking at north east suburbs but location will depend on final decision re schools. Hopefully meet up for a barbie when everyone's settled! Ooh and hubby will be a few months behind me so ill be on my tod! Luckily got my babysitter helping me!

Guest Sarah Bradley

Hi,

We are here already and living in the Marion / Brighton Area. Let us know when you are landing and we'll give you the tour. I work up at Aberfoyle Park and sing with a group in Woodcroft. Sarah & Andrew

Guest deardos

Hey, would be great to meet up with you all, I ve been here 3 months and it helps talking to people when you get here eg Medicare, centre link, where the cheapest bottle shp is

Guest shellbell1979

We are due to arrive on 7th June. We have a holiday rental for 2 weeks at Christies Beach, in which time we've to find a house. We don't have a clue where!!! I have a job at Calvary North Adelaide. Got 3 kids (10, 9 & 4). Hubby doesn't have a job lined up yet. It's all very exciting but scary x

Guest Benoli
Hey, would be great to meet up with you all, I ve been here 3 months and it helps talking to people when you get here eg Medicare, centre link, where the cheapest bottle shp is

Hi,

We are here already and living in the Marion / Brighton Area. Let us know when you are landing and we'll give you the tour. I work up at Aberfoyle Park and sing with a group in Woodcroft. Sarah & Andrew

thanks thats great that you're both out there already. Will be good to catch up and pick your brains :biglaugh: xx

oops meant to add, if you're on face book pm me your details and we can keep in touch

Guest sithewindows

We have just got our visa. loads to do this end and hope to be out in late July or Aug, trust us to pick the most expensive time to fly! Looking at south but work is based in North. I am ok with driving and would rather live in an area we like. Boys schooling will be important.

Edited by sithewindows
looked wrong

Guest traceyandedd

Hi Benoli,

Our furniture goes on the 29th May & we fly out on the 26th June, we are staying in woodcraft for the first 4 weeks, & hope to rent more long term in or around that area too.... We have 3 boys 11,10,& 4 and like your selves we have no jobs,,,,scary!!!!

We are the same age ish my hubby Ed is a Plumber and I work in Childcare.....

Would love to meet up!!

traceyandedd

Guest Sarah Bradley

I'm glad to see you are practising the accent already :) I think you mean Woodcroft! I'm a teacher and hubby is an ex software engineer we are up for a meet up too. Sarah

Hi Benoli,

Our furniture goes on the 29th May & we fly out on the 26th June, we are staying in woodcraft for the first 4 weeks, & hope to rent more long term in or around that area too.... We have 3 boys 11,10,& 4 and like your selves we have no jobs,,,,scary!!!!

We are the same age ish my hubby Ed is a Plumber and I work in Childcare.....

Would love to meet up!!

traceyandedd

Guest Benoli

just thought i'd make a wee list up so we can see who arrives when.....think I've asked most of you to add me on facebook as its an easier way to keep up with each other, might be an idea for everyone to add each other too but I'm happy to be point of contact, piggy in the middle or whatever lol. If I haven't added you feel free to send me your details so we can all try to keep in touch.

Now we can work out who to pester when for those drinks lol

on our way

scott&kerry.....................25th May

Helen Pryse Lloyd .............5th June

shellbell1979 ....................7th June

Benoli ............................10th June

​traceyandedd ..................26th June

Watkinsfamily ..................10th July

obxer7 ...........................12th July

Banksy ...........................last week of July

sithewindows ...................July/Aug

pete11 ............................beginning of Aug

she ................................6th Sept

cloudnine ........................Sept

kevinr mid .......................Sept

snifter .............................around then, give or take a few weeks lol

already there

klataylor

Sarah Bradley

deardos

Edited by Benoli

Guest Watkinsfamily

Very helpful thank you, all getting a bit real now as have packed a suitcase of my boys winter clothes this weekend! Quite looking forward to feeling some cool fresh air :) Look forward to meeting some of you soon. X

hi Kevin R, sorry to hijack the thread but tried to PM you as we are in exactly the same position as you, we're both the same ages and have left our kids at Uni in the UK, will know how you feel when you get here, contact us (or any of you can) as we've only been here since December and its all still very new and scary - but exciting

Debbie & Mark

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kerry R

Hi everyone - have just found this thread. So some of you will have arrived and others will do so soon.

Myself and family have been here since September last year and are still looking at widening our social network. There is me (40 in two weeks - it pains me to say that!!), Charlie (45), Dan (9) and Katherine(6). We live in Hallett Cove but the kids are at school in Glenelg along with me.

Would love to meet some new people so please Pm me if you are interested in meeting. Also if you are stull on your way - please shout if you have any questions/queries.

Cheers

Kerry

Hi,

We are moving over in June! (21st) My husband and I and our 3 children (2 daughters 7 and 1 and a son who is 3) so would love to meet up!! We are going to be living in Port Noarlunga, do you know where you will be living yet?

​Kate.

Hi we arrived 25th may just looking to secure along term rental in port Noarlunga! Hopefully got it! It really is a Great place! Good luck with your move x be great to meet up with everyone x

Guest Benoli

Hi all! Just a quick post to say we made it! Love it but still ticking off the boxes of things to do and sort before we can really get to settle in and explore. I'm still open to meeting folk as we're all in the same boat :) feel free to pm me your details and we can keep in touch or meet up sometime x

Hi we arrived 25th may just looking to secure along term rental in port Noarlunga! Hopefully got it! It really is a Great place! Good luck with your move x be great to meet up with everyone x

Yes that would be great! We fly out on Thursday and we are so excited now!!

Hopefully see you soon!