Hello!

Guest JULIE210

Guest JULIE210

Hi,

We are new to this site, found it totally by accident whilst searching the net! My name is Julie, my boyfriend is Steve and I have two children aged 17 and 15 (Rebecca and Melissa).

We are hoping to emigrate to Adelaide but are in early days of research. We have booked to come over for three weeks in August to look around.

Any information about places to look, areas, jobs etc will be very gratefully received!:o

Thanks. x

Guest Django

Hi Julie,

Welcome to PIA. I sort of fell over it too while googling. Wasn't looking for it, but there it was and I kinda stuck around.:D I'm sure you will find answers on here for any questions you may have. If not ask away and someone will come up trumps.

Pete

Guest alibongo

hi guys and welcome to PIA,

What jobs are you both in?

There is a lot to learn about emigrating and thank goodness for this site!

good luck with everything. have a lovely holiday in August..I feel so jealous

Ali

Guest JULIE210

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I noticed your in Tamworth not far from us.

Cant wait to get to Australia, the girls and I have never been but Steve has. Am so excited but a bit daunted by it all to be honest. Am hoping that we all come back definitely wanting to live over there. One things for sure am really fed up with struggling over here! How long has it taken you to get everything organised? Bet you cant wait til April!

Anyway, thanks for taking time to reply.

Julie, Steve, Beckie and Mel

Guest JULIE210

Hi Ali,

Thanks for replying. Your dead right about there being a lot to learn, its mind boggling!

Steve is a joiner and I am a Medical Secretary working for a Consultant Surgeon. Whats the situation with you, are you way down the road to living over there?

Julie, Steve, Beckie and Mel

Guest alibongo

hi Julie,

I am a nurse working in general practice at the moment and hope to be in Ad by June/July if all goes well. Had meds and police checks so just waiting now for a case officer. I have one form left to do to apply for registration in South Australia. apparently that can take up to 3 months to process...Why does everything seem to take sooooo long???

My hubby is a parks manager and we have 2 children aged 14 and 15 ..they are really looking forward to the challenge so hope it all works out well. difficult time to uproot teenagers but it is now or never and never is not an option!

Im no expert on what to see in adelaide but we went to Cleland park,Glenelg and Henly beaches, spent a while on the road doing the great ocean road which was absolutely gorgeous but quite a drive, also spent a few days on Kangaroo Island, we all especially enjoyed Petes place, a wildlife place and Seal bay (even in the height of summer it was cold there). there are more places than this but these are a few of my favourites.. we only had 3 weeks and time seemed to fly by

Enjoy,

Ali

Guest JULIE210

Hi Ali,

Thanks for the info. Know what you mean about uprooting teenagers! We are hoping that when they see Adelaide they will love it and be itching to go. Good luck with everything, look forward to hearing how you are getting on.

Julie