Sign in to follow this  
Guest washo

PLEASE PLEASE ADVISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest washo

Hello everyone,

Im sorry if this is in the wrong place or this has been asked loads of times before.

i have asked this before under migration forum but didn't get any replies!!!

:cry:

The wife & I are currently sorting thru the process of trying to move to Oz & are looking at Adelaide.

We spoke to Go matilda & they confirmed the wife can apply for a 136!

The problem is we want to take our pet dog Harvey, a 4 year old staffy.

We are obviously anxious of putting him thru the stress etc.

Has anyone out there gone thru this process already & can poss share their knowledge with us!

We are worried if it will change the dog at all or make him ill or even worse!!!

Also what is the qurrantine stations like, are they near Adelaide, can you visit or is it best not to.

We were even thinking of arranging our arrival to be 30 days after the dogs arrival, so he is none the wiser.

Any advice on the above would be greatly appreciated.

I have sooo much info from the various websites out there, but the best non biased advice will come from you people.

Thanking you in advance & thanks for reading

Pete & Esther

Guest betty22

Hi Ya,

we didn't bring any pets but know people who have. It will cost yopu approx 2k per animal and the nearest quarentine is Melbourne.

And yes its 30 day quarentine. Most peoples pets soon settle down.

Don't want to be the bringer of bad news but one of our friends dog died after 24hrs of landing in Oz. It can happen.

Liz

Guest washo
    Hi Ya,

we didn't bring any pets but know people who have. It will cost yopu approx 2k per animal and the nearest quarentine is Melbourne.

And yes its 30 day quarentine. Most peoples pets soon settle down.

Don't want to be the bringer of bad news but one of our friends dog died after 24hrs of landing in Oz. It can happen.

Liz

Hi Liz,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Sad to hear about your friends dog.Was it old or did it have ill health?

Or worse still was it completely unexpected?

thanks for the info, i cant believe all the people that read the forums no one has brought their dog & want to share their experience,never mind!!!!!!!

Bye for now

Pete & Es

Guest washo
    i cant believe all the people that read the forums no one has brought their dog & want to share their experience,never mind!!!!!!!

Bye for now

Pete & Es

Hi Pete

This is quite a new forum and many of the members are only just starting to go over to oz so may not be many with the experience you need at the moment :D

You also have to remember that many people reply in the evenings as they work during the day and also the time difference with OZ when waiting for replies - it is not that people don't want to reply to you and try to help you out :D

Lisa :lol:

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't mean to sound all fed up cos im not getting the info!

I posted this same question a couple of days earlier & was moaning about lack of response then really.

So far everyone has been very helpfull & supportive & i cant thank them & yourself enough!! :P

bye for now

Pete