APHRA registration help!

Guest nicunurseclaire

Guest nicunurseclaire

Hi everyone,

don't know if I've even managed to post this thread correctly ;-P

i just wanted to know if anyone could give me some advice/guidance on what documents they used for the APHRA registration. I've just started the process and if anyone has been through it, it would be great to hear how you went about collecting all the bits and pieces and about the notarising parts?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

​thanks in advance :)

Guest jones1541

Hi, when you download the application form you can also download something to help you fill it in, this also tells you of the wording the nortuary has to write at the bottom of your papers! I personally got everything they asked for signed by a nortuary (just paid for the session, some price per paper, so look around for best deal). I also got a letter from my school to confirm that I had been taught in Englis as i didnt do the ielts. Also remember to request NMC to send your registration to the state/office you send your application (you pay about £33).

​Claire

Hi everyone,

don't know if I've even managed to post this thread correctly ;-P

i just wanted to know if anyone could give me some advice/guidance on what documents they used for the APHRA registration. I've just started the process and if anyone has been through it, it would be great to hear how you went about collecting all the bits and pieces and about the notarising parts?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

​thanks in advance :)

Guest nicunurseclaire

Hi Claire,

thanks for the reply!

so you did not do the IETLS? That's a relief as I've heard people say their application was unsuccessful as they hadn't completed it, even though they had the academic transcript from their university/school.

Also, how did you go about getting your academic transcript from Uni, did you just phone them directly?

And where it says about work history, is that just a form from HR detailing the start dates of employment?

I've heard some say that you only pay the assessment fee and application fee to start with, and then when you get a job offer then you pay registration fee, is that correct? Or do you have to pay it all up front?

sorry to bombard you with questions but I just don't know where to start with this form :-/ and I don't want my application denied,

thanks so much!

​Claire

Guest jones1541

Hi Claire

I just called the university direct and they gave me a copy. You do need a HR letter with date of employment, if you full or part time and it has to be on headed paper and signed by senior manager or your head of nursing. I rang my school and asked for a letter on oficial letter head stating that i had done my GCSE'S and further education in english.

You pay for the whole lot up front, there is no other way i dont think, i didnt pay to register again after that payment. I have just paid to renew mine!

Hope this helps

Claire

Guest nicunurseclaire

Thanks for all that Claire, I have now contacted all the relevant people and hopefully will get the documents soon :) now I'm just concentrating on the CV, don't suppose you have any tips for that?

Does the CV need signing by current manager? And does it need to be notarised? Did you include references? I don't suppose you still have a copy that I could see as an example?

Will be so glad when this is all done!

Thanks again :D

Guest jones1541

Hi, AHPRA have a C.V format you have to follow, (on the website i think) not sure if i still hve an electronic copy of mine, ill check. It signed and dated at the end by you as per wording in AHPRA format. I did get it notarised, however as there is no original and writted by myself i had to take an oath that it was true! I provided details of three references (again as per requested format).

It is stressfull. R u degree or diploma? If your diploma send your personal development for the last year too :)

Guest Kel87
So can I ask would anmc and AHPRA except a later from secondary stating that you have studied in English instead of an ielts test?

Hi ANMAC won't accept a letter instead of IELTS, if you are applying for a PR visa and need the skills assesment with anmac then you need to sit the academic ielts and score 7s in all 4 catagories. If you are going on a temp visa and only need AHPRA then you can get a letter from your secondary school, however I've read some people have problems obtaining this depending on how long ago they left school.

Hope that helps.

Guest nicunurseclaire
Hi, AHPRA have a C.V format you have to follow, (on the website i think) not sure if i still hve an electronic copy of mine, ill check. It signed and dated at the end by you as per wording in AHPRA format. I did get it notarised, however as there is no original and writted by myself i had to take an oath that it was true! I provided details of three references (again as per requested format).

It is stressfull. R u degree or diploma? If your diploma send your personal development for the last year too :)

Hi Claire,

I completed a postgraduate diploma as I already have a bachelors degree in biology, not sure what you mean by adding my personal development?

I'm trying to get my APHRA application done without telling my manager incase they get a bit funny with me, I'm not sure how soon I will be able to secure employment in Oz so don't want to rock the boat if you know what I mean.

I've heard people talking about getting a professional reference, but the APHRA application doesn't ask for one. I'm hoping that I will only have to tell my manager when I am offered a job and they want references :)

Guest jones1541

Hi, I did a diploma and got an email asking for my personal development over the last year (courses I'd attended in the last year i.e mentorship, ILS, ALS this included mandatory training)! This may not be the same for you but I hadn't done any modules since 2005! I just got them signed by a nortuary and sent them!

I think People are talking about the HR letter that has to be signed by your manager or senior management! My manager did mine for me so she did add a bit more so it looked more like a reference, could you go to your senior manager in confidence that she doesn't tell anyone?

Guest nicunurseclaire

Ok I'll get copies of my different training/courses I've done notarised and sent along aswell.

I just didnt want anyone at work to know that I'm doing my application just yet cos I don't want them to think that I'm thinking of leaving, when it may take a good while to get a job and leave. I think if they were to know of my intentions they may not treat me the same, just think that I'm gonna leave eventually and not offer me different opportunities like courses etc. I will send off my application without a reference and wait and see if APHRA contact me for one. Just gotta get my CV sorted now :)

Guest jones1541

Hi, who will you get to sign the HR letter? I've found an electronic version of my AHPRA cv, private message me you email and ill send it :)