My mother in law is coming over in two weeks.

She banks with the Nat West bank in England. Is there a bank here where she can get money out of the ATM without a charge.

Thanks

Paula

Best to contact NatWest before she leaves. I know Barclay's has 'sister' banks in the US, so perhaps NatWest has one in Australia.

Guest soggy
    My mother in law is coming over in two weeks.

She banks with the Nat West bank in England. Is there a bank here where she can get money out of the ATM without a charge.

Thanks

Paula

As Suzer says it is best to check with natwest, but from what I have experienced here it is unlikely, banks only seem to allow you to use atms for free if you have an account with them, if it is a Cirrus card( the old switch ) she may be able to use it in some shops here, my westpac card has cirrus on it.

simon:)

Guest Roo1

I've found since coming here that I can use my HSBC card at ATM's but I can't use it as a switch card at the cashiers.

Also, previous guests of mine have had trouble using their credit cards and they have been "frozen" as the banks have thought they've been stolen, as now being used in Aus.

Its a good idea to tell banks that you are emigrating or holidaying abroad, so that they'll let your transactions through.

Judi x