Sign in to follow this  
Guest Niedel

Packing for yourself!

Guest Niedel

HI everyone,

going through the process of receiving quotes from various removal companies, :wacko:

Its obviously coming up cheaper to rent a 20ft (probably will need this much due to hubbys tools) and packing all the stuff ourselves. Has anyone recently done this themselves? I know we will have more of a chance of our boxes being searched more if weve packed ourselves, but when your saving almost a grand its alot of money. I've looked on ebay and looks like you can get sturdy boxes cheap enough, in the process of trying to find wooden boxes that have a stamp saying wood treated on, for hubby's tools.

Would very much appreciate if someone can offer some advice as to how they went about it, i.e where can you purchase the inventry for your items, or can this be a simple spreadsheet placed on your boxes listing whats inside?

Kind regards

Naomi :notworthy:

I know some people have done this but we didn't so can't advise.

You may want to check out the insurance implications of this though as with our shipping insurance - anything that wasn't packed by the movers was uninsured.

Lea

Guest salisbury massive

Don't forget the contaier will probably come on the back of a truck, so you'll have to consider how you are going to get all your stuff up on the back.

I have a friend who does this type of work and can do the paperwork for you. He is in Dorset though. He was working for Franz Mass when we moved over and could arrange the container etc for us but to be honest the paperwork, insurance etc put us off. Also we'd heard getting through customs this end was difficult and that the boxes were examined much more closely.

www.tandcforwarding.com

tonyquirk@tandcforwarding.co.uk

Have a look and see what you think.

Jo

Guest Niedel

Thankyou for your replies, as the quotes are coming in it seems now there isn't that much of a price difference as we would want a door to door service of our goods whether we packed ourselves or not

thanks again

naomi