Sign in to follow this  
Guest dabiom

new member help

Guest dabiom

Hi all, loving the great info shared and wanted to see if anyone could help me. Just in the process, applied for state sponsorship and wanted to know do you have to have a job before you move to Oz or can you get a job out there? Sorry for being so blonde!:unsure::

Hi all, loving the great info shared and wanted to see if anyone could help me. Just in the process, applied for state sponsorship and wanted to know do you have to have a job before you move to Oz or can you get a job out there? Sorry for being so blonde!:unsure::

It depends! Personally we came without a job - I work in IT and I made contact with recruitment agencies beforehand and was lucky to secure something very quickly but looking back, it was a heck of a risk. You will chew through money very quickly here so if your line of work permits getting a job beforehand (and many do), then ideal. If not, well, just make sure you have the savings behind you to survive for 3 - 6 months. Certain times of the year are better for job hunting than others - it goes dead over Xmas for example. Good luck.