Guest JULIE210

Performing Arts/Psychology

Guest JULIE210

Hi All,

Can anyone give me some information about where there are performing arts schools and courses for psychology. The reason is when we come out in August we need to have a look as these are the areas that my girls wish to have careers in. Beckie is doing A Level psychology at the moment and Mel is doing GSE performing arts and dance.

Any information would be very gratefully received.

Thanks.

state schools that do performing arts as a specialty are

Charles Campbell Secondary www.charlescss.sa.edu.au

Henley High School www.henleyhs.sa.edu.au

Seaview High www.seaviewhs.sa.edu.au

Private schools

Scotch College www.scotch.sa.edu.au

Annesley College www.annesley.sa.edu.au (also runs after school programmes in dance, drama, musical theatre that anyone can enrol in)

These schools do also have partial performing arts scholarships .

If your older daughter has been doing A level psychology, she may be able to apply for uni, if she has finished her A levels. Some of the schools offer psychology in yr 12, you just have to check what the schools offer.

Rachel

Guest JULIE210

Hi Rachel,

Thank you so much for the reply. Wow what a lot of information! Am extremely grateful and will get looking at the web sites.

Thanks again.

Julie

Guest salisbury massive

Hi

If you are looking at the North East suburbs Golden Grove High School is also a School of Performing Arts, they have a fantastic Dance Programme and you don't have to be in the catchment to apply. Just an interview and an audition.

http://www.goldengrovehs.sa.edu.au/

Jo

Guest the4hopes

Hi Jo,

I've had a look at Golden Grove High School, as my 16 yr old daughter wants to do performing arts. It seems a long way out from Adelaide (on the map) How far is it from the city?

Thanks,

Laura x

Hi all,

Golden Grove is about 25-30 kms out of CBD depending on what part you live in. Most of the houses are freestanding in their own blocks.Most of the houses are privately owned. It is easily accessed by buses and there is Tea Tree Plaza for shopping nearby. Golden Grove has its own usual suburban shopping centre with supermarkets etc in it as well. At TTP there are cinemas. The suburb was well planned with lots of parks etc. It's North East from Adelaide.

Rachel

Guest salisbury massive

Hi Laura

As Rachel said its about 20ks to the North of the City. In the morings you would easily be looking at 30 - 45 minutes run from suburbs around the City to Golden Grove. The good thing about their Performing Arts programme is they take students from all suburbs not just the catchment area.

Do you have any idea of suburbs you want to live in? The North East is a nice place to live and there is a bus route that takes you on a fast track rail line into the City in about 25 minutes. Its like a park and ride, called the O'Bhann. Will the kobs you are looking for need to be City based or do you think you can find jobs in the suburbs?

Jo

Guest the4hopes

Hi Jo,

We don't really know where we want to be. I think it will be a case of finding a school first for the girls, somewhere to live as near as possible, and then find jobs. I'm hoping to get a job in a shop, as I work in a clothes shop at the moment and I love the work. My husband is a plasterer but he wants to have a change of career, so he may just take any job to start with, so he can retrain in something else.

I hope we will not be too far from the city, so the girls can travel alone and get a bit more independence than they get now, which isn't very much!

Laura x