mathijohn

Wooden Garden Furniture

Been thinking about buying Outdoor Hardwood Garden Furniture. Can anyone tell me if you are allowed to ship this in - thought it a good idea to fill up any space we might have in the container.

thanks

Moira

Guest alibongo

hi Moira,

We have a hardwood table chairs and umbrella and have been told by more than 1 shipping company that we can take it with us but that it has to be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected with Jeyes fluid, so I think if you are buying it new that won't be a problem to you. However I think you have to be the owners of items for more than 12months??!! Maybe someone else can clarify this..

Ali

Hi Ali, thanks for the response. it will be useful to hear about items less than 12 months old as i am planning on taking a few new bits & pieces.

Moira

Guest BAZnDAF

I'm sure there is a post on here somewhere with a document about importing. I have also read that you have to have owned items for at least 12months. Makes sense really, otherwise you are importing goods rather than your own items and i guess the new items would be subject to an import tax.

Guest graandjac

:idea:I think that a little fib has been told more than a few times regarding new goods , Yes anything under a year old is subject to import tax but what if it is 1 year and a day old....!!!, and what if you were to put your new table outside to weather for a month or so and then give it a clean....?? . We keep thinking the same as you as there is some bargains to be had here at the moment, but then we just think is it worth the possible hastle just to save a few quid.....????. Cheers Graham

Guest steve&tracy

Hi Graham my new tool box and tools (presents) technically i havent bought them,have been scrapped along the floor and mixed with some of my old ones!!I think i'll take the risk!! i have just declared on the A.Q.I.S. form tracys bottle of booze from her 21st she wants to take unopened(boring i think she should open it).Please tell me your house has completed.fingers crossed for you.

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

We brought a brand new Dyson over still in box and a few other small electrical items kettle, toaster etc, didn't declare it no probs, I think the problem may occur if you bring multiples of a product over, or maybe just lucky, the packers also packed a few bottles of our wine in our container, talk about "taking coal to Newcastle",

Guzzler

thanks everyone - think i'll also take risk - we were told when we went to a seminar held by our agents The Emigration Group - i think by ango pacific who were presenting that you can claim back your vat from here and pay australian tax which was 10%.