Guest kerkhoff209

sponsership

Guest kerkhoff209

Hi, have been looking into getting a 186/457 visa to Adelaide and understand i need a sponsorship from a company to nominate me to get a visa, I am just after a bit of advise on a cover letter to a company explaining my situation and that i am after a sponsor, is there key things i should mention/say or not say.

Many thanks

Edited by kerkhoff209

Guest adlyn2012

Im not sure the answer to your question is their maybe an recruitment agency you can go through or have you tried going to an Live down under expo?

I am a nurse and have went though an agency that lined me up interview via skype and they are sponsoring me.

Good Luck

It depends alot on what your occupation is....? We needed a sponsor and by god it took months of phone calls and emails in the middle of the night and we actually found one but we were VERY lucky x

Imagine you'd need more of a cover letter to gain sponsorship. I'd make personal calls to the companies/recruiters and explain... the employer who sponsored me had sponsored people in the past but had no idea of the procedure. It was only because I had all the facts, was able to explain how easy it was for them and offered to pay the visa fee (it was a not for profit org) that they agreed to it.

As a recruiter, I imagine a sentence along the lines of 'I'm looking for sponsorship to stay in Australia' would ring alarm bells of 'I may not get this sponsorship and you'll be stuck recruiting again in a few months' and land your application in the 'too hard' pile.

Suggest getting the facts, then making personal contact for jobs you really want. Good luck!