Guest Littlesar76

Any toddler mums in southern suburbs? Need friends please!

Guest Littlesar76

Hello everyone,

We've been here about 7 weeks now and are starting to get settled after the chaos of: sort out Medicare, banks, driving licences, buy cars, find a house......oh and have a bit of a holiday (wine tasting in Mclaren, Barossa and a trip to kangaroo island, loooove this place!). We're staying at coast & vines until next week - which I highly recommend by the way if anyone is looking for arrival accommodation, it's modern, plenty of garden space, 2 mins walk to the beach and playground and 5 mins drive to shops. We also stayed at Tykes place in Seaford for our first week which was really big and has sea views, something I think he should shout about more!

Anyway, I digress. My husband has now started work so I am back to being a full time mum to our daughters, 3 and 2. I used to work full time in the UK so this is a shock to the system, esp with no mummy mates for play dates. So my call is going out to any other full time mums with toddlers in the southern suburb areas, help! We will be living in Brighton/ Warradale from next week and I would love to find a group to meet up with once i get us unpacked (our container gets delivered on Tuesday, not sure how to unpack and move out of rental with 2 small people trying to climb into boxes and eat the cleaning fluid, but I'm sure I'll manage!)

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Sarah

Hi,

Theres a lovely playgroup in Jetty Road Brighton (at Lighthouse church by train track) on a wednesday at 10am. I've only recently stopped going as my daughter has started kindy on a monday & wednesday.

The ladies who run it are lovely & make you feel really welcome & its a great place to meet new people.

Im happy to meet up with my 4 year old on the days shes not at kindy for the children to play... PM me ..

Sarah x

Guest Alexis

Hi!

Myself and my daughters (age 7 and 2) have been in Adelaide since the beginning of March although my hubbie has been here since September! I used to work as a teacher in the UK so it's definitely a shock to the system to be just mum isn't it?!! We go to a lovely playgroup in Henley Beach on a Thursday morning, new people are welcomed almost every week and its a really friendly place, also perfect for the kids to play while the adults enjoy a bit if a chat! You're more than welcome to come with us when you are free!

if you fancy meeting up for play dates or just at the play cafe for coffee and a change if scenery let me know!

Alexis x

PS good luck with the unpacking! I was so lucky that our boxes arrived before we did so Martyn got to unpack them! The joys of being left in the UK!!

Guest Littlesar76

Thank you for the replies ladies! I'm going to try the Brighton playgroup tomorrow, and check out the library.

Alexis, I'd love to join you at the Henley beach one on Thursday, where is it/ what time?

Sarah x

Guest Alexis

Brilliant! It's on Military Road and its Uniting Church Henley Beach. It's starts at 9:30am and finished at 11am. As you come from Grange road you see it on the left hand side. If you get to the food land car park you've gone too far!! We should be there from half nine :) I can give you my mobile number incase you can't find it (pm me if you want it) although I'm sure you are better than me at finding your way around. It took me ages to work out the grid system!

Looking forwards to seeing you there!

Alexis

Guest Karuna

Hi Sarah

Well, we are moving to Adelaide in September. I have a 2 year old daughter.

Guess my journey will be the same as yours, the initial weeks being an exploration and once my husband goes to work, being at home.

Since u've been there for quite a few weeks and are a mother. Can u share ur experiences with me? I mean, how do kids find this place, day care, some mother-toddler playgroups???

Karuna