Guest Scouseinperth

Thinking of moving to Adelaide.

Guest Scouseinperth

Hi.

Me & my family are getting sick & tired of the rising costs in Perth WA.

We are cosidering re-locating to Adelaide or moving back to the UK.

Whats it like,we have 2 children 7 & 1.

Thanks.

Depends what you are looking for...we really like it. I commute to the city every day to work from the city fringes and it takes 30 peak hour. Rent is lots cheaper than Perth, kids are settled in school. Adelaide has everything you need but probably at a slower pace than Perth. Plus, we are not finding groceries any more expensive than the uk on the whole- however, we buy in season and cook alot from scratch.

We have lived in both States. We are living in Perth at present but still visit family in Adelaide regularly. Rents may be cheaper in Adelaide but check out the cost of Utility bills which are definitely higher in SA.

Property prices are much lower in SA but salaries are too. Is there work here for you? The economy in SA is struggling right now and there are certain occupations where it's difficult to find work.

We visited Perth in Feb last year (have been in Adelaide for 6 years) and we liked it. It's different being on holiday though. Before you make the decision it might be an idea to spend a couple of weeks here and investigate everything. Jetstar have special fares all the time, a car will cost around $27 per day etc.

If you do decide to visit for a week or so please let me know. we can maybe do a house swap...you can have my home and I can have somewhere to stay in Perth???

Tamara

Edited by Rachiegarlo
    advertising own business within a post

As Tamara says 'do you have a job to go to in Adelaide?'. And can you cope with cold Winters. Although cold at night here in Perth it is a warm 21c in the day time. It may drop to 18c in July but Adelaide will probably be much colder.

Guest Guest75

I thought the economy and wages were booming in the WA? SA will be somewhat tighter I reckon but better trying interstate than returning to UK I guess.

Guest Scouseinperth
    I thought the economy and wages were booming in the WA? SA will be somewhat tighter I reckon but better trying interstate than returning to UK I guess.

The economy in the mines is booming but anyone who isnt on mines wages

has to pay the price for higher wages.What do you mean tighter?

IMO this has an effect on rents & house prices . . . unless you move South, quite a distance from the City. This you can do as better roads & transport. I believe it is expensive to go to restaurants & buy drinks. But most of us . . on fixed or low incomes eat at the local Chinese & bring our drinks home from the bottle shop. The main s/mkt prices are the same & we shop around for fruit & vegies, same as we did in Adelaide.

Take Tamara's advice & go for a weeks holiday. It is the o ly way to find put if you prefer it, or not. We will be going in July. I will be taking all my warmest clothes with me!

Guest Scouseinperth
    IMO this has an effect on rents & house prices . . . unless you move South, quite a distance from the City. This you can do as better roads & transport. I believe it is expensive to go to restaurants & buy drinks. But most of us . . on fixed or low incomes eat at the local Chinese & bring our drinks home from the bottle shop. The main s/mkt prices are the same & we shop around for fruit & vegies, same as we did in Adelaide.

Your confusing me,are you talking about Perth or Adelaide?

Guest Guest75

Sorry, I did mean that work can be harder to find in Adelaide. Depends upon your line of work as well.

Your confusing me,are you talking about Perth or Adelaide?

Sorry to confuse you Scouse. I live in Perth (Mandurah) & I am talking about Perth. But you might see things differently. I am in Adelaide regularly & feel able to compare the two places.

Guest Scouseinperth

Sorry but why are you telling me about perth,ive been here 6 yrs, I want to know about Adelaide.

What sort of work would you be looking for? I'd say if you could find work in Adelaide and you like it, give it a go. If you are happy in Aus apart from the cost of living in Perth and are open to moving elsewhere then consider a reccie and do some job hunting.

Hi.

Me & my family are getting sick & tired of the rising costs in Perth WA.

We are cosidering re-locating to Adelaide or moving back to the UK.

Whats it like,we have 2 children 7 & 1.

Thanks.

Best to come and take a look. I like Perth, and once you're a fair bit out of the CBD I don't think property prices are much different to those a fair bit out of Adelaide CBD (property closer to Perth CBD is steeper in the main than close-to-Adelaide property, and that's what pushes the median up). As for any other costs that are rising, you might find that these are also rising in Adelaide - I certainly don't hear many people discussing too many costs that are dropping ...

The Adelaide economy is struggling at the moment, but some people land here and seem to get jobs easily enough; I suppose it depends what you do and what you're willing to do!

Guest Scouseinperth
    What sort of work would you be looking for? I'd say if you could find work in Adelaide and you like it, give it a go. If you are happy in Aus apart from the cost of living in Perth and are open to moving elsewhere then consider a reccie and do some job hunting.

I'm a Transport Refigeration Mechanic.

Sorry but why are you telling me about perth,ive been here 6 yrs, I want to know about Adelaide.

Yes, I understand that you have been living in Perth for 6yrs. I have lived in both States. I wanted to point out that IMO some things are cheaper & other things are not. In Adelaide coffee & meals out are cheaper also housing & rents (unless you live as far from the City as Seaford , equal to Mandurah). The two downsides IMO is that utility bills are higher & Adelaide Winters are much colder. Temps don't seem much different but there is such a chill factor there. But I still miss Adelaide . . . More compact & closer to the other States.