lorluc

Computer/IT guy

My husband reckons he saw someone on here from Aberfoyle Park who repaired computers. Does anyone know who he is talking about?

I'm not actually after a repair but want a gaming computer built.

Any recommendations would be good :)

Source the parts from somewhere like MSY or PC DIY and put them together yourself. Cheapest option.

Only if you know what you are doing, most people don't. I wouldn't recommend buying a scalpel and doing a DIY operation, it's just the same....

EDIT: it's actually not always cheaper, you don't get warranty either. Buying a computer and then upgrading it is a cheap way of improving it though.

Edited by adelaidenow

If you know what you're doing putting one together yourself can be satisfying, but it's not an easy thing to do well; knowing what works best with all other components is what gives you speed and performance, not necessarily just the fastest chipset.

I also had Ian fix some of my never ending computer issues.

Great service and a good price too. He collected my pc within 10 minutes of me getting hold of him! Had a chat with him and he ran a computer business in the Uk for years.

My Canon printer has been giving some problems for a while and he's getting parts to fix that too.

Tamara