Just Signed Up

Guest harbinson

Guest harbinson

i JUST SIGNED UP TO THIS FORUM. i'VE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE. BUT I AM VERY INTERESTED IN MOVING TO ADELAIDE AND I WAS WONDERING WHAT EVERYONE THOUGHT OF IT THERE? MY FAMILY ANDI LIVE IN ENGLAND, WE MOVED FROM AMERICA LAST MARCH, I REALLY CAN'T STAND IT HERE MUCH LONGER. THE WEATHER IS MISERABLE, WE LIVE IN THE COTSWOLDS, DON'T GET ME WRONG IT IS BEAUTIFUL HERE WHEN ITS NOT RAINING BUT IT IS VERY SHELTERED. COMING FROM AMERICA IT IS A BIG ADJUSTMENT AND I CAN'T SEEM TO GET PAST IT. ANYWAY, MY HUSBAND IS A STONE MASON AND WE HAVE A 3 YEAR OLD AND A 3 MONTH OLD. WE ARE PLANNING A TRIP IN DECEMBER TO ADELAIDE, I WAS CURIOUS WHAT YOU THOUGHT ABOUT THE AREA FOR FAMILIES. WHAT SHOULD WE CHECK OUT WHEN WE GET THERE? DO YOU RECOMMEND AN AGENT TO USE TO HELP US WITH VISAS? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS. I REALLY JUST WANT TO GO ABOUT HIS THE RIGHT WAY. HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE. THANKS

Guest kenmcfadyen

Welcome to the site. I am also pretty new on here. Although I have family already in Adelaide who think they are now living in the best place on earth, I find it pretty useful to read the posts on here to get the 'lowdown' from multiple perspectives.

I hear what you are saying about the Cotswolds - picture postcard perfect, until you have to live in the wind and rain 24/7.

Why Adelaide for you?

Guest harbinson

Why Adelaide? Well I spoke to some people about moving to australia and they said south australia or perth would be the best place for my husbands line of work. I'm an artist and I have been doing some research and I think south australia is the right place for us. I hope. We really need to just go and check it out.

Are you planning to move there?

Guest Django

Welcome to PIA,

Where abouts from the US you from? Suzer on here is also from the states though at the mo she is in New Zealand. Can't think why you would want to move away from the UK though:unsure:;):biglaugh:

Good luck with it all

Pete

Guest harbinson

I'm originally from Maryland but we moved Lexington Kentucky. Why would I want to move from the UK? No sun for basically months at a time and rain, its depressing. It has'nt stopped raining since May of last year. There id only so much you can take.

Guest kenmcfadyen
Why Adelaide? Well I spoke to some people about moving to australia and they said south australia or perth would be the best place for my husbands line of work. I'm an artist and I have been doing some research and I think south australia is the right place for us. I hope. We really need to just go and check it out.

Are you planning to move there?

Well, we've been to Adeliade a few times, as well as other parts of Australia. Adelaide just seems to 'fit' us. It has great summers, but still has an element of seasonality. There is a lot of space and the beaches are to die for. Most of the people seem friendly and laid back - I think it will suit us to the ground.

I am a Clinical Psychologist and my partner is a GP. Working here in the NHS is just sooooooo demoralising right now, so we have decided it is time to upsticks and go for it. We are not naive about Australia (well, I don't think we are, but I'm sure you never really know a place until you live there), but what we have seen seems right for us.

What are your time frames? Being an artist sounds very expressive, I envy you!

Ken