TeeTMI

Visa Applications Charges Increase 1st July 2013

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

DIAC have announced the new visa application charges as of 1st July 2013.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/new-visa-charges-1july2013/proposed-visa-pricing-table.htm

Whilst the base applicant charge remains the same DIAC have introduced charges for additional applicants included in some visa applications. For example, for 189/190 186/187 applicants that means a base charge of $3060 plus additional charges of $1530 for additional applicants >18 and $765 for additional applicants <18 years of age.

Edited by TeeTMI

Wow, that's some difference. I just applied for my 489 visa, along with my partner, this week and got notification of my valid application lodgement today. Wouldn't have been too happy having to pay an extra $1500

The ARTC (that's the aussie recognised trade certificate for tradie licencing) application has shot up too..... from $300 to $930 in the last month or so.. my opinion... the doors are closing....

That is an extra $4,590 for us on top of the $3060 for the RSMS no way will we be ready to apply before 1st July!! Just hope we get it as it is a lot to lose. $7,650 just for the visa fee.

That is an extra $4,590 for us on top of the $3060 for the RSMS no way will we be ready to apply before 1st July!! Just hope we get it as it is a lot to lose. $7,650 just for the visa fee.

Yes we are in the same boat, we are having to wait a bit longer to raise the cash as it has to be paid upfront with the first initial payment. It is worring that it may get refused as we only got one shot at it, there is no life style whilst your having to save. Will all be worth it in the end though:arghh:

I just hope they put the money towards more staff and speed up the process.

Nope! They will need it to pay the unemployed when they go into full recession!