DAVID.CHRISTINE

IT recommendations

Guest sun1

We used a member from this site -Ian WIlson 0452 414 699 who was great. Collected and delivered the lap top for us. Excellent service

Hi can anyone recommend an IT person we are having trouble with our wifi ,saw someone on here a while ago from Christies beach but can't find it now thanks

What's your actual problem? it can probably be fixed for free, over a few messages on here.

I am happy to help via message to, no need to spend money if it can be done yourself.

Thanks Adelaidenow we are with Telstra and the wifi just drops out ,it happens everyday it's like someone switching on and off can last minutes and gets very annoying .We have had Telstra to check our house they say nothing's up .we have bought new modems they didn't help at all thanks for any ideas

Hi Adelaidenow just looked and its a 2 wire gateway. Model 2701HGV-w. any information would be great

OK, this may be easier over email, as most people wont be interested to read, but

Goto this webpage 10.0.0.138, and tell me what comes up...it SHOULD be a webpage with a username and password for the device?

If it is , on the bottom of the unit will be a password, see if you can find that.

Once we have logged into the device the hard work is over :-)

Cheers

Matt

OK

The username should be blank, and the password on the bottom of the router - try and log in.

Once you are logged in goto

Local Network - Wireless Settings Page

change the channel number to something high. it's 'probably' a low number that interferes with a home phone or suchlike. It will be tria and error to find the channel that works best.

I won't be online for an hour or so, so will check back then.

Cheers

Matt

Excellent, make sure you have a filter on every phone point and alarm if you have one. I was only thinking it was a wifi issue. Pleased its all done. My instructions weren't needed.