Diane

Should have come to PIA first!

Unfortunately not amazed at this. The bit that's the funniest, she thinks they might give it another go to another City !!! Hopefully next time they will wait until there stuff arrives and at least then there will be stuff to buy off them ;)

And foods not that bad. £8 for tea my arse. £80 or $120 in real money buys more then 2 bags.

And as usual they blame everyone and everything except the real culprits, themselves.

Fools !!!!!

Edited by minty

I found some of the comments equally as hilarious - one person stated that his friends were from Australia and said Adelaide was full of "white box houses" like "Milton Keynes". I must be seeing a different Adelaide then! :unsure:

I don't think they were ready to move to another country if they only gave it two months! Maybe more research needed if they do it again.

"So she went off with a half-baked idea after watching a TV show????....better not put Bear Grylls on then. And if she thinks Adelaide is expensive she will die when she sees Perth or Sydney prices."

That was my favourite comment

Edited by flossybeth
    Original text size MASSIVE!

I loved the quote about Robinsons squash....Seriously though, how quick did they get a visa...It took us over two years to get here, and we wouldn't want to go back.

Haha. Awesome. There are some characters out there. Probably sold the story to try and recoup some of the wasted cash.

Robinsons squash is pretty epic though.

Hahah..... Obviously came over and bought all the over priced imported UK food than just get to grips with the local produce!!

Dumb asses!

Guest Claire-n-tel

I wonder what kind of visa they came on?? And would it be rude to say it looks like that kiddie could do with laying off the squash and drink some water instead?:elvis:

Well I can't really add to anything that hasn't already been said........except I am sure that you don't need a pet passport for Australia and I think that it's a complete waste of money as they are only useful in Europe!!

If that's the kind of research she does what kind of people is h recruiting?

Guest Jo&Phil

In the article she says she's 'pretty impulsive' ... I would have another word for it!

The Daily Mail must have thought they hit newspaper gold when this family came along!!

The sad thing is they will not be alone and I am sure many others will base their decisions on Wanted Down Under etc! I sometimes think when talking to friends and family in the UK that they seem to think you just turn up in Australia and then spend all your time at the beach, having bbq's and driving around in your 4X4 and just fit in a bit of work when you can!!! They don't seem to realise that emigrating and starting your life from scratch can be hard work. Clearly someone whose biggest concern about starting a new life in another country is a lack of 'proper' squash/cordial may struggle!!! :wacko:

The Daily Mail must have thought they hit newspaper gold when this family came along!!

The sad thing is they will not be alone and I am sure many others will base their decisions on Wanted Down Under etc! I sometimes think when talking to friends and family in the UK that they seem to think you just turn up in Australia and then spend all your time at the beach, having bbq's and driving around in your 4X4 and just fit in a bit of work when you can!!! They don't seem to realise that emigrating and starting your life from scratch can be hard work. Clearly someone whose biggest concern about starting a new life in another country is a lack of 'proper' squash/cordial may struggle!!! :wacko:

It's all about the beach the BBQs and driving the 4x4 and cruising in the boat.

Work just gets in the way :(

Whoever wrote the article for the Daily Mail must be as stupid as them..........what things cost in pounds doesn't mean anything when you live here........Tits

Guest vikkiann

I love the way they compare food shopping but the wages are also loads higher than the uk. I must admit, I skimmed through the article and thought they were idiots!

Edited by vikkiann

Sometimes watching other peoples emigration experience is almost like watching car crash TV!! It is like the friend who you know is going out with a complete loser and no matter what you say it will not make any difference and you just have to let people get on with it, at the end of the day it is their lives.

We knew some poms that lasted 3 months over here and that was like watching car crash TV, every decision they made we wanted to say "WHY??????" but it was almost as if they didn't want it to work and deliberately made poor decisions so they could go home.

Adelaide/Australia is not for everyone, many people come and many people go.

Edited by Jessica Berry

Guest Guest75

My thoughts are the same as above. Morons..................

Just aghast at their behaviour and comments, no doubt twisted and sensationalised by the press but still there is the nugget of truth.

What a waste of visas - especially knowing some more deserving folk who struggle to get here.

Shame,shame,shame.

Whoever wrote the article for the Daily Mail must be as stupid as them..........what things cost in pounds doesn't mean anything when you live here........Tits

Er, 'scuse me?

An article from The Daily Mail?

Don't think their priority has ever been unbiased, sensible reporting lol! :biglaugh:

I think it was quite telling when the mum admitted that she, "can be quite a bully..". Made it sound like a hasty decision based on a tv program (what? srsly?!) and a whim.

It sounds like a knee jerk reaction perhaps fueled by jet lag and a desire to decide quickly before their belongings and dog were sent over and thus saving a few bucks.

At the very least, they've given us all a few classic whinging Pom lines to laugh at...or was that just me? I'm reading it to everyone it's so precious! But sad :frown:

LC

Just looked at the Sunday newspaper and this story has managed to make it onto the front page with the tag line 'Whingeing their way home' and then an almost full page article on page 3 titled 'What Whingers'!!!!!

What an embarrassment!

Honestly, if people make such a massive life changing decision so impulsively and without research then they deserve to lose the £10k.

Guest kate11

Agree with the comments, I cant believe how stupid they are!

And it really annoys me that we are working so hard to get over there, currently doing my nursing degree and finish next year so once ive got enough post grad experience we should be over (2016 hopefully). They get over there and waste such an opportunity, i get its not for everyone but no research, seriously! We are researching down to the littlest detail and would love the opportunity they wasted (and i prefer own brand squash to Robinsons anyway!)