Should have come to PIA first!

Diane

Guest ebstar

Stay in some luxury appartment in the city centre with a pool! I can't say i've done that and can understand it would be very expensive but i'd done enough research to know that before getting here. She says Adelaide is too expensive but wants to try Perth HA Ha! In her interview on the morning news she complained that pubs here are selling weird tasting burgers and kangaroo instead of real food! Vast lack of intelect!!

While I totally agree with what's been said previously its not surprising when over the last few years many posts on here have said " why does Oz not have this or not have that" and why does oz not have pubs and roast dinners like the Uk etc etc. The list is endless.

So while I agree it shows what research and realistic expectations this is not the first family who have fallen into the rose tinted glass syndrome brought on by glamourized Uk TV programmes.

I think they made absolute sense and should be glorified for speaking the truth....

Why is there no robinsons cordial here ? Let's form a protest rally to help people like this. It should be one of the main political manifests for the upcoming election. The whole country should stand up and take note of these brave people and do more to help.

I for one struggle with daily life without Viscount Biscuits and have spent many hours in therapy just to get by. No amount of tim tams or Mint slices is ever going to make up for it.

:biglaugh:

This is not a real opinion, and is not based on a real opinion. Any similarity to a real opinion is purely circumstantial and cannot be held up in a court of law.

Anyone seen today's paper (23/6/13)? The story of the whingeing poms has filled a double page spread again, along with plenty of letters in the opinion page.

There is a couple of poms originally from Hull featured in the article who gave another side to the story and offered their help and advice, but it appears it was ignored by the 'cordial couple'. They reckon they only lasted a fortnight in Adelaide and not 2 months, makes it even more of a joke!!

What makes my blood boil is it says the hotel in the city they were staying at was paid for by the recruitment company who had employed the woman. So it would appear that she had a job to come to as a Recruitment Consultant and obviously an income coming in as soon as they arrived and on arrival accommodation paid for - how ungrateful.

I would be interested to know what visa she came in on. If it was a 457 visa, I would have to ask the question why a recruitment company has the need to sponsor a recruitment consultant from the UK, when I know there are plenty of recruiters looking for work that have been made redundant and a lot of these are from recruitment agencies.