Guest Adelaide_bound

Bank recommendations?

Guest Adelaide_bound

Hi All,

We're currently with NAB, but after yet another head bangingly frustrating afternoon with them where they are totally utterly and completely annoying and useless, we're looking for another bank.

So basically, wondered if anyone has any recommendations of their bank whom aren't completely and utterly unprofessionally useless?

Cheers :)

Suppose it can depend on the branch too! I use Commonwealth bank always had excellent service and advice without being arrogant or pushy, only problem I ever had was with their travel card which was frustratingly unreliable and inconveinient, so I now use 28degrees credit card for world travel.

good luck with whatever bank you choose!

Same as Keith, CBA always helpful, great internet banking interface. Can't beat Kaching for your handy on the move banking on your phone and to top it all off when you enter the bank there is a concierge to enquire what you need, direct you to the right place and look up the information you need.

Westpac have been brilliant for us throughout everything and we have been amazed at the customer service and help we have received from them, central market branch is also open on a Saturday morning which seems to be a rarity in Adelaide. Despite only working for 6 weeks they also just approved me quickly and simply for a credit card (only for emergency use - sudden flights home etc) and their online banking is fab. I have the app on my phone and its as easy to use as Natwest in the UK.

They also own Bank SA which gives you more choice of ATMs to use, we couldn't be happier with them.

There are many unhappy customers with the larger banks, why not try something smaller and more customer oriented like the Bendigo Bank. Personally we use the Heritage Bank out of whopwhop Victoria. It start out as a building society(the only one that would give a pair of retirees a mortgage) and has now become a bank. Every thing is done on line of course but we've had no problems with them and their service is great.(Even notified us when they saw sums of money going overseas. Yep, they replaced it)

Guest Kadphises

Also with Commbank. They have been great so far.

Guest leeannekays

We are with Nab and Commonwealth Bank. We have found them both very good. We have our children's accounts with Commonwealth as they have given lots of incentives for them to save .

Leeanne