DIAC increasing Visa Application Charge from July 1st 2013

Guest Rachael M Bowen

Guest Rachael M Bowen

Just received this information from my migration agent. I've looked on the web site and it appears that different visas have different charges. From July 1st there will be a charge for each applicant. Best start putting extra pennies in the pot!!!!

The Department of Immigration (DIAC) normally announce an increase in the Visa Application Charge (VAC) effective from 1 July each year. This increase is normally fairly small / in line with the increase in the consumer price index.

This year they have chosen not to increase the VAC for a primary applicant in most cases. However, they have decided on an additional charge for each secondary applicant. Full information on this is available on their website pagehttp://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/new-visa-charges-1july2013/

Among the changes are these additional applicant or "per person" charges. For skilled visa application there is an additional charge of A$1,530 for additional persons over the age of 18, and A$765 for those under 18.

Just received this information from my migration agent. I've looked on the web site and it appears that different visas have different charges. From July 1st there will be a charge for each applicant. Best start putting extra pennies in the pot!!!!

The Department of Immigration (DIAC) normally announce an increase in the Visa Application Charge (VAC) effective from 1 July each year. This increase is normally fairly small / in line with the increase in the consumer price index.

This year they have chosen not to increase the VAC for a primary applicant in most cases. However, they have decided on an additional charge for each secondary applicant. Full information on this is available on their website pagehttp://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/new-visa-charges-1july2013/

Among the changes are these additional applicant or "per person" charges. For skilled visa application there is an additional charge of A$1,530 for additional persons over the age of 18, and A$765 for those under 18.

This was a shock to us because we have been saving like mad and thought we were now in a position to apply for the skills assessment giving us a couple more months to save for the initial visa payment , now it will take another couple of months to save for the rest as this increase i believe has also to be paid with the first initial payment.... feeling a bit soul destroyed at the moment... will get over it though what will be will be..

Guest Rachael M Bowen

Yeah it's going to cost us approx another £1500, on top of everything else. We are just about to send our EOI so I've asked my agent if we get this in before the 1st July will we still be charged? Not heard anything back yet so still don't know. I guess though if you want it bad enouigh, which we do, you'll find it somewhere. I've even now resorted to selling my shoes on Ebay!!!!! This is TRUE committment LOL ! My husband is selling his Northern Soul records and patches so it all goes in to the pot.