tomamylancaster

Mechanic Skills Assessment passed :)

We're (meaning Tom!) successfully through the skills assessment after receiving confirmation today from Vic Uni.

So pleased! I'm going to be like an over excited squealing school girl when/if we get our actual Visas!!

We thought it'd be onto SS next from what we had read, but apparently it's EOI first.

Hi Tom/Amy

Good news about the skills assessment.

I see you're in Kelbrook, I'm from round that way myself, spent several years regularly traversing the A56!

Hi There,

Great news on your results, but I have a question if you don't mind me asking how did you go about getting this done lol as I 'm in Adelaide just now on a 457 visa but it has the wrong title so I need to get my skills assesed now.

Good luck on your EOI

Gary

Guest HayleyPick

Gary, How you finding Adelaide? My hubby has been offered a sponsorship as Technician in Adelaide on a 457.. havent said anything about him getting skills assessed? wonder if that will apply to him...

Gary, How you finding Adelaide? My hubby has been offered a sponsorship as Technician in Adelaide on a 457.. havent said anything about him getting skills assessed? wonder if that will apply to him...

Hi there Heylay

Adelaide is good still getting used to it lol. Your bubbie won't need his done i just need mine to say diesel mechanic

rather than motor mechanic to I need to get my skills approved by the TRA so this can happen also it helps for when we apply for PR.

who is your hubbie going to work for? And do you have a place to rent yet? What ever you have or not sorted yet you will still enjoy it here.

Good luck

Sounds good.

Its a long road but hopefully won't be too frustrating a wait.

Keep us posted :)

Guest HayleyPick

He's gonna be working for BMW if all goes to plan. We're hoping to find a place to rent when we get out there. Have got temp accommodation initially (not for long though) have got a month before he starts so gonna have a look round, check out a few different areas, schools etc. hoping to get a job myself but the general response I'm getting is that companies don't like to employer people who are on a temp visa. Can't live on just his wage so gonna see what I can sort out before we get there!! Def a roller coaster ride!!

Gary, we have done it through Victoria Uni with the help of Go Matilda. The paperbased assessment was very long winded, getting all the evidence & training reference together, & then once Tom passed that he had to go to Guildford for a technical interview via Skype with an assessor based in Perth.

EOI has just been submitted today :)

Guest HayleyPick

Hopefully in the next couple of months, OH will be on a 457 visa just waiting so to see if the new changes will affect us. How about you?

Hi Hayley,

We have a friend who works there and its a good place to work I got offered a job there too but I turned it down at the last minute

for some mine work, but that was short lived.

Guest HayleyPick

Hi,

Really pleased to hear its a good place to work. Just hoping I can get work too. How come the mining was short lived?