Oldies Meet Up - Seacliff

mottie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Claire-n-tel
Haha, Just reading this thread - I really AM - an oldie....

You wouldn't want me:biglaugh:

Course we would Malvina!

PS I'm not REALLY in oldie!

Then you would be most welcome!

To be honest, this meet up was originally listed as an 'oldies' meet up because we wanted to meet people whose kids were older / not with them!

You know what it's like, as the kids grow up parent's conversations move away from kid dominated subjects. Plus, it's nice not having to worry whether you're about to step on a child, or the kids need something every five minutes.

It's certainly not better - I absolutely loved those days - but it is different and calling it an oldies meetup seemed a good way to go.

So, for anyone out there, I'm sure Mottie would not mind me saying that you are welcome whatever your age - as long as you are not a kid or have kid(s) in tow!

:wubclub: LC

Guest malvina

Hallo LC

No I'm not a member though I have thought about it.

I've recently joined a church in Hindley St and really enjoying that. They have 'Connections' etc . I hadn't been to

church for a long time as there is nothing really near me, but this just requires a bus to Currie st. Get out at theTAFE

Walk a few yds down and the lane - and it's there! (The Edge) .. very easy. A large old Cinema on 3 levels.

kids squeals on every level,, i watched them skateboarding.

What surprised me - was there is no mention of money! I'm a Giver, but I don't like giving from demanded offerings.

it was quite a change.

I love my jaunts to the Adelaide Market and go every week. I take a trolley and shop in the large Coles first

Finish up in Chinatown with a nice lunch. (I wish I knew what the others order I never seem to find things as nice) :huh:

Then you would be most welcome!

To be honest, this meet up was originally listed as an 'oldies' meet up because we wanted to meet people whose kids were older / not with them!

You know what it's like, as the kids grow up parent's conversations move away from kid dominated subjects. Plus, it's nice not having to worry whether you're about to step on a child, or the kids need something every five minutes.

It's certainly not better - I absolutely loved those days - but it is different and calling it an oldies meetup seemed a good way to go.

So, for anyone out there, I'm sure Mottie would not mind me saying that you are welcome whatever your age - as long as you are not a kid or have kid(s) in tow!

:wubclub: LC

You wouldn't want me:biglaugh:

Very well put LC!

And you would be very welcome to join us malvina

Any oldies out there want to meet up on 20th July at the Seacliff Hotel 7pm?:biggrin:

I'd love to say we'll be there on the 20th, mottie, but there's no way in this world I'd be able to drag my husband away from the tv screen that night, 'cos Man United vs All Stars are playing! You might have to change the date, chook, as I'm sure a lot of older x-pats will be glued to the set on the 20th.

All the very best!x

I'd love to say we'll be there on the 20th, mottie, but there's no way in this world I'd be able to drag my husband away from the tv screen that night, 'cos Man United vs All Stars are playing! You might have to change the date, chook, as I'm sure a lot of older x-pats will be glued to the set on the 20th.

All the very best!x

Why do you assume there would a lot of expats be interested in watching the all stars play? or Man u for that matter! in a nothing to play for game,:dull: could always record it, or even watch it in the Seacliff pub if that desperate!. And some of us go on about the Aussi and his sport!:arghh:

Keep the mottie date, you come and join in barbaitch you will not be lonely I'm sure, and lets organise another meet soon too (date subject to sports calander check!:wink:)

Guest Claire-n-tel
Hi

Me & OH will be interested in coming down, not done a meet up before is it a case of listening for accents or wearing a flower lol

Hi Sue!

Yes we all wear a red flower and union jack t'shirts! :wink:

Seriously i think Mottie said we'll be in the upstairs bar, have a look back through this thread and you'll find it.....

See you there!

Seriously i think Mottie said we'll be in the upstairs bar, have a look back through this thread and you'll find it.....

!

Yep I did Claire-n-tel we'll be in the upstairs bar, depending on how busy it is we will aim to be around the side where the snooker tables are (hope they are still there lol) I will have my mobile on me so if anyone wants my number (just in case you cant find us) I can pm you it!!

Guest Guest75
Oooh!....did anyone happen to pick up my black scarf?.....i left it on the bench seat:confused:

Yep, we got.

Thought it was yours.

Given it to the Boys to slobber over........... Kidding....

13032011105.jpg