SallyinOz

Self Employed

Hi All

My OH is a mechanical engineer, he has sent off his degrees to Engineers Australia to be certified, He has scored 9 on his IELTS exam

We will be applying for the EOI as soon as we get his certs from Engineers Australia.

What we need to do now is try get proof of his work experience

He has been self employed for over 10 years now and been contracted to different companies over the years but two of these companies have gone into liquidation (still owing money but thats another matter.) How does he go about proving his work experience - he can get a written reference from about three companies that he worked with but there are so many other companies that he cant.

We are based in Southern Ireland too so I don't know if this will make a difference either - He did some work for the carbon trust in UK but that was 5 years ago now.

I hope I am making sense.

We need all the points he can get as he is in the 40 to 45 age bracket and need to apply very quickly :arghh:

Thanks in advance for your help :notworthy:

Sally

Hi Sally, I'd Just get together as much as you can - references from people and dates of jobs he did and submit, you can always submit more online if needed.

Thanks for your reply

We will gather as much info as we can before we apply we need to apply for our EOI first so will see how that goes

Thanks again