Are you a beach person?

Ktee

Those beaches in the pictures are lovely but nowhere near Adelaide. If I have the choice I prefer the Hills - with easy access to beaches - that's why we love living in the southern suburbs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6502[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6503[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6504[/ATTACH]

Great photos, the beaches in Adelaide look stunning

Lucky you (apart from when the weather gets nasty). Gorgeous place - Cairns one side, Port Douglas the other, rainforest backdrop and the GBR a short cruise away. Looking forward to holidaying up there in a few months' time ... :biggrin:

It is my paradise especially after spending 8 years in freezing Melbourne. Apart from Yasi the weather is perfect although for 3 months over Christmas the humidity is a killer. Are you staying in Cairns or PD? Have fun

It is my paradise especially after spending 8 years in freezing Melbourne. Apart from Yasi the weather is perfect although for 3 months over Christmas the humidity is a killer. Are you staying in Cairns or PD? Have fun

Yes, the humidity for part of the year is one of the main reasons stopping us moving up there (it triggers my asthma). I do rather fancy an investment property in PD, though ...

We're stopping for four nights in each. :smile:

Yes, the humidity for part of the year is one of the main reasons stopping us moving up there (it triggers my asthma). I do rather fancy an investment property in PD, though ...

We're stopping for four nights in each. :smile:

You could do what the Victorians do but the opposite way. Live in Cairns for 9/10 months of the year then become a grey nomad and venture back down South.

Property is cheap up here you can get 1 bed apartments within meters from the beach for around $100k, the only problem is the body corp can be a killer.

You could do what the Victorians do but the opposite way. Live in Cairns for 9/10 months of the year then become a grey nomad and venture back down South.

Property is cheap up here you can get 1 bed apartments within meters from the beach for around $100k, the only problem is the body corp can be a killer.

Yes, looked at a few, although the ones we've liked have been a fair bit more, and as you say the extras on top can make what looked like a bargain seem less so. Found a very nice two bedroom for just $135k and almost took it ... who knows, in a few months' time we just might be too tempted! :wink:

Yes, looked at a few, although the ones we've liked have been a fair bit more, and as you say the extras on top can make what looked like a bargain seem less so. Found a very nice two bedroom for just $135k and almost took it ... who knows, in a few months' time we just might be too tempted! :wink:

If you need any help on areas just shout