Congratulations Libby !!

Angela

Guest Libby1971

I will be the Religious Education Learning Area Co-ordinator ie Head of RE Dept.

It is at a private girls school in the city and I am really pleased. I feel very satisfied today but emotional - I have just sobbed my way through Kindergartden Cop!!! - and now am wondering if I can do the job as well as I think I can. Of course I can :confused:

They rang me last night, and of course I was out!!! :arghh:I rang back and they asked me if I would be interested in accepting their offer of the position...I took a deep breathe and tried to sound calm. They were very complimentary and have a great deal of confidence in me which is lovely. This is a bit of a jump for me as in a Catholic school Head of RE is a big deal and I haven't done this role before.

I am back at Harbourtown on Wednesday and will be shopping with Bob's credit card on Thursday in late night shopping...fantastic.

Thank you so so much all of you. You are being very kind and as Donna says, what a difference from a few months ago when everything was not quite so rosy. :nah:

Bob is thrilled to bits and I hope that by now has successfully resigned from his position. He is going to stay home with the kids for a while, do a bit of part time work (outside of teaching) and finish off work on the house while I support us (woohoo, no arguments when I try to buy ANOTHER handbag) and then we'll see if he wants to change things in six months. Of course by then, he and Guzzler will be in a right little golfing routine and I won't be able to get him hoovering and dusting, never mind working!

For me this a really big deal. This was the final step in feeling like we had made a new life here, that Oz was and is our new home. It has taken almost a year but proves that you have to hang on, and keep believing that what you want is out there and it will find you. I also can't believe the amount of good wishes that have been sent and I am truly touched, thank you for your infinite patience as I have spent the last few months grumbling. I am sure I will drive you mad doing the same thing now I am working - there is no pleasing some people!!!:biglaugh:

I feel calm and almost serene and unbelievably tired - I have hardly slept since Friday waiting for the call and then was so excited last night I didn't sleep then either. So now I am shattered and intend to have a quick snooze before the kids come home and catch me.

Libby

Guest cunnah10

Well Done Libby so pleased for you!Followed your story for a while now and remembering you having me in tears when watched you on "wanted down under".

You are an inspiration and proven you have to hang in there and try to stay positive until things work out!And you have and it has paid off now!

Wish you and your family lots of luck and maybe meet up with you all eventually!(may even get a chance to join you and all the girls on these great days out you keep arranging)

Will keep reading how it goes for you!

Good luck for next week

Gill x

Guest Django

This is of course very bad news indeed. :sad: By the time we get out there Bob will know the courses like the back of his hand. :jimlad:

Good luck Libby hope it works out well for you.

Pete