Bitza1984

Football Teams in Adelaide

Hi guys,

My Australian partner and I are moving to Adelaide in November this year. She is originally from the area so will know it well and has lots of friends etc.

I on the other hand will know no-one haha. I am interested in joining a football team and trying to make friends. I am 28, male, from Belfast Northern Ireland and dont know anyone from the area.

Anyone know of any ex pat football teams in the area?

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

One of our members has a big interest in football (well, others do also I am sure but I recall this one knows lots about the local leagues and all that) so hopefully he'll see this and nip in with some info for you.

Also have a browse back a few pages of this section of the forum as there are some football threads (even though older) that might give you some pointers.

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

One of our members has a big interest in football (well, others do also I am sure but I recall this one knows lots about the local leagues and all that) so hopefully he'll see this and nip in with some info for you.

Also have a browse back a few pages of this section of the forum as there are some football threads (even though older) that might give you some pointers.

Hi Snifter,

Thats great, thanks for the information. :biggrin:

I hope I am the one Snifter is on about.

A few questions, how good are you? What sort of level?

Next thing, how seriously do you want to take it?

Now the most important....but you probably won't know, which part of Adelaide will you be residing? If you are going to be Northern, my club could be an option. At 28 you are either at your peak, or past it (peak) I reckon. That will make a difference as to where I point you.

November is a good time to be looking for a club BTW. Season starts Feb and goes to Sept, and pre season starts before Xmas.

Cheers

Matt

• Like 1

You are :cute:

Thanks for the info you've given Bitza. Hopefully you can help him get his football stuff sorted from here.

A few questions, how good are you? What sort of level?

Next thing, how seriously do you want to take it?

Now the most important....but you probably won't know, which part of Adelaide will you be residing? If you are going to be Northern, my club could be an option. At 28 you are either at your peak, or past it (peak) I reckon. That will make a difference as to where I point you.

November is a good time to be looking for a club BTW. Season starts Feb and goes to Sept, and pre season starts before Xmas.

Cheers

Matt

Hi AdelaideNow,

Well I play in the Northern Ireland amateur league here in Belfast (http://www.thenafl.co.uk/).

Been playing for my team now for 6 years and also played for Griffith University when I was living in Brisbane on my working holiday visa.

My current team are just about to start pre-season and we train twice a week with a match on a Saturday. I think this level is something I would like to try out in Adelaide? Hopefully it will help me make a few friends too. I think at 28 I am still in pretty good nick, I play a lot of five a side in the summer to keep me ticking over.

My partner's family are based in Northfield, but I am not too sure what part of the city/suburbs it is in?

I also have my level One coaching badges and have been coaching a kids team now for two years. We started at under 9's, this season I will be taking them into under 11's small sides games league.

Is there a bit interest in kids football at that age in Adelaide? Thanks.

Neil

Neil

We will take this off line, but you should be Ok for a decent level, and as for kids, its the most played sport in Aus.

Cheers

Neil

We will take this off line, but you should be Ok for a decent level, and as for kids, its the most played sport in Aus.

Cheers

Great thanks!