Diane

Take your kids to the Drive In

For anyone that hasn't been to Adelaide's one remaining drive-in cinema, thought I'd share this in case you're thinking of what to do with the kids during the holidays. Great in winter - we used to fill the car up with our duvets and pillows, take a flask of hot drink (tea, coffee...or mulled wine for us, hot blackcurrant for the kids!) and some snack foods, put the seats down at the back of the car, and all snuggle up together to watch out the back. They'e doing a family thing this weekend:

http://www.wallis.com.au/families/family-flix-drive

I've just seen it advertised in our local paper - I didn't think $20 for a car of 5 was too bad at all (considering I've just ordered 5 tickets through the Entertainment Book for almost $60 and thought that was a goo deal).

Do you know if you have to get there early enough to get a good spot or is all parking good for the screen?

It's a pretty big place: we never had problems getting a place with a good view, but not been for a while...

You tune your radio into a particular wavelength which plays the soundtrack direct into your car - but there are speakers dotted around too.