Hi all,

I just read something on Facebook by someone saying they go out into the bush and harvest wild asparagus. Does anyone know if there are places you can do that in SA?

And food things you can gather actually, I like foraging lol.

Would LOVE to go mushroom picking but the people dying in Canberra has put me off the idea a tad.

Don't know about asparagus, like you always wanted to pick mushrooms but it seems its a huge risk over here. I know Rob brought some home once because he had seen others picking them, to be honest I'm sure they were magic mushrooms so we binned them

Some of the people I work with seem convinced that any mushrooms you find wild would be magic mushrooms and would be happy to eat them. There have been too many stories of dodgy mushrooms for me to try, which is a shame, as I do see them every now and again.

But asparagus sounds great! I have seen, ohhh I forget the name. They call it sea asparagus I think, and they cook it with seafood. Anyway, I have seen big loads of that growing, but I wasn't really sure if I was allowed to pick it.