SA govt information sessions for new arrivals

Admin

Just for info, in case new immigrants aren't aware, the South Australian Government holds monthly information sessions for new arrivals.

State nominated migrants are encouraged to register and attend an information session hosted by Immigration SA soon after arrival in South Australia.

Information sessions are held in Adelaide once a month to help new arrivals settle in to South Australia.

The sessions cover important issues such as:

• your responsibilities as a state nominated visa holder
  • employment assistance – details of service providers able to assist you to gain employment in South Australia
  • pathways to permanency for provisional visa subclasses 495, 475, 487 and 489.

Presenters from a variety of agencies are available to answer your questions after each session.

The dates for the next sessions are as follows:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]17-07-2013[/TD]

[TD]Register[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14-08-2013[/TD]

[TD]Register[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11-09-2013[/TD]

[TD]Register[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

If you obtained a visa under the State Territory Nominated Independent (STNI) or the Skilled Independent (SIR/SRS) schemes you are strongly advised to attend an information session.

Information Sessions are held at:

Time: 1:30pm - 3.00pm (entry from 1:15pm)

Venue: Theatrette, Ground Floor, 55 Currie Street, Adelaide

In addition to the information sessions above, Immigration SA also hold Open Day meetings every Tuesday to help South Australian state nominated business migrants or potential business migrants visiting South Australia.

Open day meetings are a free person-to-person service provided by Immigration SA for business migrants during their time as provisional visa holders or potential business migrants visiting South Australia.

The meetings are designed to answer any questions relating to nomination requirements and settlement in South Australia.

To attend an open day, book @ https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/open%20days

Has someone gone to the meetings? What kind of information is given?

I went back in 2007 when we first arrived and found it fairly average. There were many nationalities at the session so they had to cover information for people coming from very different backgrounds. My lasting memory is the police telling the group that if we want police help we don't have to pay (bribe) the police! I also spotted someone in the audience who had appeared on the tv show Wanted Down Under!

I would go along you never know what you might learn.

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked in for my session - only problem is I need to travel back in time! I may have booked the wrong flights...

"Thank you for your request to attend Immigration SA's information session for advice and knowledge on settling in South Australia.We confirm the reservation of 2 attendees for Thursday 1 January, 1970 from 1:30pm to 3:00pm."

Geoff...

I just booked in for my session - only problem is I need to travel back in time! I may have booked the wrong flights...

"Thank you for your request to attend Immigration SA's information session for advice and knowledge on settling in South Australia.We confirm the reservation of 2 attendees for Thursday 1 January, 1970 from 1:30pm to 3:00pm."

Geoff...

Is it an episode of Life on Mars!!!!?

• 3 months later...

Geoff...

How did someone manage to put 1970 as the year? I mean, I can understand putting last year's date on if it's early in the new year and the brain hasn't switched over yet, but 1970? I know that sometimes here it feels like 1970 but that's no excuse!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Just for info, in case new immigrants aren't aware, the South Australian Government holds monthly information sessions for new arrivals.

State nominated migrants are encouraged to register and attend an information session hosted by Immigration SA soon after arrival in South Australia.

Information sessions are held in Adelaide once a month to help new arrivals settle in to South Australia.

The sessions cover important issues such as:

• your responsibilities as a state nominated visa holder
  • employment assistance – details of service providers able to assist you to gain employment in South Australia
  • pathways to permanency for provisional visa subclasses 495, 475, 487 and 489
  • Lifestyle and work opportunities in regional South Australia.Starting your own business
  • Presenters from a variety of agencies are available to answer your questions after each session.

The dates for the next sessions are as follows:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]13-01-2016[/TD]

[TD]Register[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10-02-2016[/TD]

[TD]Register[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

If you obtained a visa under the State Territory Nominated Independent (STNI) or the Skilled Independent (SIR/SRS) schemes you are strongly advised to attend an information session.

Information Sessions are held at:

Time: 1:30pm - 3.00pm (entry from 1:15pm)

Venue: Theatrette, Ground Floor, 55 Currie Street, Adelaide

Business Migrant Appointment Day

In addition to the information sessions above, Immigration SA also hold Open Day meetings every Tuesday to help South Australian state nominated business migrants or potential business migrants visiting South Australia.

Open day meetings are a free person-to-person service provided by Immigration SA for business migrants during their time as provisional visa holders or potential business migrants visiting South Australia.

The meetings are designed to answer any questions relating to nomination requirements and settlement in South Australia.

To attend an open day, book @ https://apply.migration.sa.gov.au/